SixBit Software Integration?

This discussion was created from comments split from: User Statistics on Main / Home Page.

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Speaking of bulk listing, are programs, like sixbit, allowed?
  • Hi Carlos,

Great question.

SixBit uses the Ebay API and the bidStart API to integrate with Ebay and bidStart respectively, and it's creator (John Slocum) designed the program that way. We don't currently have an API (which is a way for programs / websites to talk to each other), so it wouldn't be possible for third-party programs to work to develop an integration with HipStamp currently.

Developing an API is on our list, but I'm not sure where it fits in priority wise at the moment. Once we have that done, I'll reach out to John to talk about integrating HipStamp with SixBit.
  • Thanks Mark for your reply. As you know I use their program. I will have to relearn another way of listing!
  • Sorry to re-hash this old topic, but now that the Hip API is available, is it possible to integrate HipStamp with SixBit? Any update on this topic Mark? Thanks a lot.
  • Yes I would also like to know about this.
  • When a website has an API, that allows other websites and programs to integrate with it - not the other way around. Which would mean that because HipStamp has an API - it would be possible for SixBit (or any other website or program) to create an integration with HipStamp. So, presumably, if SixBIt had enough users that asked for an integration with HipStamp, it would be something that they could potentially build from there end - using the HipStamp API.
  • Thanks for clarifying the status Mark.
  • the SixBit Hip integration is working. A few bugs remain but should be resolved soon.