Minimum Purchase

What is the best way to set up in your listings, for minimum purchase, of a certain amount when selling items of less than a dollar???

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Charles, I've just done it through the shipping charge. Mine is $1.50 for US addresses. I figure that covers the postage, PayPal, final value fee, etc. I don't mind filling small orders if I happen to have a stamp they need, as long as my transaction costs are covered. I figure if they're willing to pay that for shipping, I'm more than happy to get it to them.

I try to incentivize larger purchases, however, by offering free shipping on purchases of $25 or more (for US addresses).

I did this on Bidstart, too, and it was never much of a problem. I did get occasional small item purchases, but, again, was happy to get the stamp to someone who really wanted it.
  • Thanks Phil

What you just said, makes cents and sense, I really appreciate guys like you. I,M getting old (2 years = 80 years of age) and my eyes are starting to dim. And if you find some thing in my store I will give you a huge discount on what ever you buy. And if I don't have it listed, I may still have it in stock. I have tons of stuff. TO GET RID OF, before I leave for Heaven. If interested please reply to this message My store address is (hipstamp.com/gramps-store) my house is a path of stamps, Gramps
  • Charles, your situation sounds like mine -- I only have about 300 items listed right now. (I didn't actively list until I could determine how BidStart and Stanley Gibbons Marketplace would shake out.) I probably have about 50-60,000 to list.

I'm about 20 years behind you in age, but am already feeling the pressure, so I can totally identify with what you're going through!