Stamp Description

I'm having a senior moment and the seller does not respond to my question.
Can someone please tell me what (jr) refers to in the following description - #152 Used VF 1900 SCV $24.00 (jr) ???
Also what (JH 10/25) and GP refer to in this one - #137 Used CV. $52.50 (JH 10/25) GP ???
Thank you

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Working in a vastly younger universe than myself, i also don't know. BUT maybe the "baby Scott" catalogue is Scott jr, not knowing they use same nomenclature. "JH" , just hanging for cyber shorthand, but makes no sense. On general principle, I am always careful about people who are lax with communication.
  • Thank you Rene, I also come from a different time. I have been collecting for 67 years and haven't seen those terms used in describing an item. Perhaps the seller will respond and enlighten us. Oh well, never to old to learn!
  • They could all be the seller's personal inventory identifiers.
  • GP, I’m betting, stands for Gary Posner. Perhaps referring to a personal item, rather than a consignment item belonging to someone else.
    I steer clear of dealers, even big-time guys like GP, who don’t respect their customers enough to a) cut the gobbledygook and b) respond to customer inquiries about their gobbledygook.
  • JR could indicate the stamp is in or originated from Dallas. :)
  • Ted, thank you, your response seems to make the most sense! One would think that any info in a description line would be for the bidding or buying public.