If You Hate Fun Silly Chatter, Skip This Thread

Comments

• I got a new armadillo shirt.
    20220201_113350
  • Scott. Don't act like Japan is a tropical paradise. I saw the Nagano Olympics. There's plenty of snow there.
  • Nice "Hoover Hog" shirt! Tasty little buggers!!!!
  • John,
    Hahaha... well, that is WAY north (like Canada North), and I have palm trees in my front yard here, so... closer?
    Snow is to be visited, not lived in. :)
  • Greg, I find armadillo a little greasy, but not as bad as racoon...
  • Greasy but good. It's what keeps our cardiologists in business....and their house in Aspen.
  • Not as bad as opossum or beaver (especially beaver tail... wow). And bear paw. I'd take armadillo over any of those any day of the week.
    But if you want something really special, try wallaby.
    (Yeah I'm an animal lover -- they're delicious).
  • Ooohhhh...I might get in trouble for this one...what the heck! P.E.T.A. People Eating Tasty Animals. (Disclaimer: It really stands for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals...which I support)
  • I don't have respect for any organization that purports a cause through terrorism... they fall into that category, so no I don't support them. Or Greenpeace... both hypocrites.
    Approve of what they want to accomplish, but not how they've gone about it.
    And yeah, yeah, they've changed, doesn't change the fact that they have reduced to terrorism for their "cause", and no guarantee they won't again in the future.
  • No, I get that and do not disagree. I just meant that I support the ethical treatment of animals. I love all critters large and small...edible or not. Ahora, estas tres gatos en mi casa. Crazy little fuzzballs and demanding. Like little kids.
  • LOL, yes, in that regard I agree. :)
    No point in being mean, nasty and cruel to anything with fur.

Scales on the other hand... wait, are those scales on an Armadillo???
  • Um, I'll have to check with my Veterinarian daughter as to what they are. Not sure. Armor?
  • Armor-Dillo... makes sense.
  • You can whack the dang things with a 2x4 and they just roll up and roll away. Smart! Evolution ROCKS!
  • At Fort Hood, we threw rocks at them which made them roll up or start digging a hole to try to get away. Then you could walk up to them and stick a bayonet in the back of their neck. Sounds awful now.
  • There's room for ALL of God's creatures...
    ...right next to the mashed potatoes...
  • Armadillo Gravy
    -ZZ Top, 1982

• Beaver fact #34:
    Beavers continue to grow throughout their lives and can reach over 65 pounds and more than four feet in length.
  • Yeah. And then they fly north to Newfoundland where they become seals. And we all know what happens next...
  • I'm in! Flying Canadian Maritimes Beaver/Seals. What happens next? Do I turn into an honorable, and, incessant comma using armadillo and debate the beaver/seal on the merits of transmogrification?
  • Greg, yes but you won't like the outcome. It involves being reborn from your own... orifice.
  • I can't remember much from my youth, thankfully, but the rumors abound. I think I would remember that though....or maybe it's best I can't....I can't remember.
  • Speaking of giant old critters...more eye candy! Islas Galapagos Overprints!!!3a33a5a153f48e481e326e9c98572d67
  • 1f7485e193bfbd1b3a4eb1d5a1783399-800
    One of my most recent HipStamp purchases:
    Czechoslovakia "Don't Shop After 7 pm"
    Does anyone know why? What's wrong with
    shopping after 7 PM? My guess is a merchant association issued these and member businesses closed at 7PM, but non-member businesses might stay open later. I think they are trying to imply that being open after 7 was shady.
  • Reminds me of the old "Blue Laws" in Texas. A few are still around. I remember my mother and sisters always complaining that it was illegal to buy pantyhose in Texas on Sundays. Never bothered me much but I guess it was a big deal to them. I imagine there would have been a run on pantyhose if they could buy them on Sundays back then!
  • HAHAHAHAHAHA! Pesky beavers. You just can't have anything nice around them!!!!!!
  • BAD BEAVER!!! BAD, BAD!!!
  • Now THAT is a keeper!
    images-2