If You Hate Fun Silly Chatter, Skip This Thread

edited April 2021 in Chatter 8 LikesVote Down
Ron Lenke, I just got a HipMail saying you have 60 Commonwealth Stamps - Just for Me. Please check your past sales to me, to find the address to send them.

Thank you.

Comments

• 1416 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • edited April 2021 4 LikesVote Down
    Wow - Ron always did like you better Luree :)
  • I got an email from HipStamp the other day. The subject line was, "Interested in beaver?" But it was about Canadian stamps.
  • I have contemplated a response to your post John and have decided not to ask the obvious question. Instead, I will ask if you are indeed interested in Canadian stamps? LOL!
  • "Where in the world is Ron?"

I believe I heard that he is dating Carmen Sandiego. They are off somewhere in the world avoiding Waldo.
  • I leave you guys alone for 3 weeks and see what happens. Would you believe I went to Wisconsin to record the hatching of the 17 year cicadas? Neither would I. Anyway, Ted your stamps were mailed to a forwarding service in Nigeria. I glued the items to the outside of a large envelop to save 1st class parcel postage. You should receive them shortly with an inheritance deal you can't refuse. Oh oh Jeri, I seem to get you and Ted confused. Originally I mistakenly sent them to the White House thinking the GBs were meant for George Bush, but upon return all I got was a "com'mon man" reply. Luree, I have your penny and am just awaiting the 55c postage from you. Here it is: il_794xN.2156420696_4ngw
  • edited May 2021 4 LikesVote Down
    I have mixed feelings about animals (I know, I know - don't say it) because when I was young and first got on a horse, I was both nervous and excited until the horse started running and galloping so fast that I was sure I would fall off. I believe I might have unless the store clerk had come and unplugged the darn thing.
  • I have a similar feeling toward cars. I once locked my keys inside, and I was in quite a panic. I thought I would never get my wife out.
  • One day I came home from work early and I see this naked guy running down my street so I pulled up to next him and yelled "Hey, Buddy, why are you doing that?"
    And he said "Because you came home early!"
  • George...I swear, I didn't know that was your house. I thought it was Ted's!!!!! But the real reason I was running is because Mouse saw me and thought I was going to play chase with him. Oh, and you're out of coffee. Mwhaaaahahahaha!!!!! I yell as I run away!!! MOUSE!!!!!!! OWWWW!!!!

And thanks for being my getaway driver Ron! I really appreciate the lift!

Just kidding.....:{)
  • That's a good one eh.

"Commas are important.... No more tequila! or...No, more tequila!" I have an advanced degree in Punctuation. Did my dissertation on uncommon but important usages of commas. Published in the New England Journal of Punctuation (NEJP).
  • Koala: Eats shoots and leaves.
    Bad dining customer: Eats, shoots, and leaves.
  • edited March 2022 4 LikesVote Down
    Some Jerrys, though, have no sense of humor of which we are aware. And apparently its only safe to exercise levity in only one of the 30 forums here. Oh well, we've got participation numbers on our side.
  • Thanks for asking, Greg.
    Yes indeed, I am interested in Canadian stamps. I am looking for a nice used example of Canada #4 with four margins.
  • Ahh, the earth is back on its axis again. Welcome back Ron.
  • Hi Ron, John had us all thinking you were off somewhere studying beavers.
  • I went to a therapist, once, and told him that ever since my wife's birthday she's been mad and hasn't spoken to me. The therapist said, "Maybe it's because you didn't buy her flowers." I told him, "To be honest, I didn't know she sold flowers."
  • Is, the comma, after "shoots", necessary, or not, or just, maybe? Think I is right 'cause I wuz an English majer, so I'm not dum.
  • Spaceandastronoystamps_usa03262
    Airplanes having sex? Guess they are running low on things to commemorate.
  • Hoo boy. Hope this doesn't offend the Disney topical folks out there....FB_IMG_1625697329673
  • I found this great exercise program today....I hope it works!!!FB_IMG_1626103865059
  • Just sitting here wondering. Was Ted's intent in starting this forum to create a playground for pesky off-topic posters, so as to corral them and divert them away from corrupting other forums? Is so, it was a noble attempt, albeit destined for failure. And now management is a bit hog-tied because of the participation and endurance of said forum. Had this been a Facebook post, surely Ted would have been scolded/suspended for incitement of philatelically inappropriate content by their Ministry of Truth. But, doggone it, this puppy has legs!
  • Or my absolute favorite quote:
    Politicians-and-diapers-must-be-changed-often-and-for-the-same-reason.-Mark-Twain
  • George Washington was noted for having wooden teeth, but did you know he also supplied them for his slaves? An early example of indentured servants.
  • edited September 2021 3 LikesVote Down
    If I ever found one I think I would experience poo phoria, and maybe become inspired to write a mystery book about its origins - kind of a "who dung it" theme
  • Or incorporate it into Clue: Ensign Enchilada, with a burrito, on the poop deck.
  • I knew that would happen. :neutral: