Can I Include a Link to my Partners Hipstamp Store?

edited May 2021 in Questions 1 LikesVote Down
Hi all. My partner is opening a Hipstamp Store selling postage stamps. I sell mainly First Day Covers. Is it allowed (and can we?) post a link to each others Hipstamp stores in our Hipstamp listings?

https://www.hipstamp.com/store/stampsfirst-day-covers-and-curios

Comments

• 13 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Hi Tania,

Thank you for your question. Check out the "Product Listing Policies" in Hip's Terms of Service: https://www.hipstamp.com/terms

You cannot include links to OUTSIDE websites where you can purchase items anywhere besides Hip eCommerce, or any personal website (including those which represent your business). Also, keep in mind that item descriptions should be relevant to the item for sale.
  • Thanks for your reply Rebecca.

Is another Hipstamp store (my partners) classed as an outside website link?

Sorry for my question as I'm an "oldie" and do not know that much about eCommerce. In other words is the answer to my question NO?
  • edited May 2021 0 LikesVote Down
    I would say "No," as per the last part of Rebecca's answer, "item descriptions should be relevant to the item for sale."
  • Tania,
    Asking for permission to do something is always dicey. It is generally better to just do it. If it's wrong, someone will tell you and you can say, "oops sorry."
    The problem with asking permission is that no one wants to take the responsibility to grant it. So they refer you to the policy which doesn't reslly answer your question.
    Nike was right: Just Do It.
  • Or as we used to say in retail, "It's easier to get forgiveness than permission." :0
  • edited May 2021 2 LikesVote Down
    The untold outcome of the "Three Blind Mice" saga was the creation of a new occupation involving the sewing back on of the mice's severed tails : thus the first retailers (groans accepted)
  • Oh man!!!! (Groan!)
  • People may have had occasion to call me insufferable. Well, it appears I am quite able to make people suffer.
  • From what Rebecca said, I think you can do it, but not in any item listing. Since the link would not take someone away from HipStamp, but just to another seller, I think you could put it in you store/seller description. Describe the link as going to a partner (or whatever you want to call it) HipStamp store.
  • Good idea, Michael.
  • Excellent Michael - just the solution I was thinking of. "Trusted Partner" sounds good?
  • Ron, think of "suffer" in the biblical sense. As in, "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live."
  • Tania, I think "Trusted Partner" sounds great. It would make a great name for their store too.