My 13th Anniversary with Wants/Bid/Hip

While looking up some other information, I realized that the 13th anniversary of my first stamp sale was May 11. That was on HipStamp's original iteration as StampWants, back in 2008. It's been a lot of fun, and I've met a lot of great people. I look forward to the next 13 years.
Cheers, everybody!

Comments

• 24 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Congratulations,,,,,,,!
  • Thanks, Greg.
  • Those were great days, eh? I'm showing my earliest listing as 2/02/2008 and earliest sale I could find was 03/12/2008. It would be interesting to know how many sellers we lost during the SG debacle. There are a lot of us still around from the StampWants days..
  • Ah,13 years Ted! So we probably have some common interesting memories such as the 95 yr old dealer offering lifetime warranties on his stamps, or dealer E. Shieb who advertised he would sell any stamp any color for $29.95. I, too, look forward to more time bantering with you and our fellow forum sidekicks, whether legitimized by an occasional on-topic contribution (or not).
  • I'm an "OLD" StampWants seller. Joined 9-10-2007 and first sale was 10-08-2007. So many memories.... Auctions raising money for Doug N - Voting on "Toons" Mascot for new site - "Guess that stamp" by Michael #'s. And memories of Dianne and Eagle who are no longer with us.

Congrats Ted! Your humorous posts have brightened my day for a long time.
  • I was thinking my first sales at StampWants were in December 2007, but my spreadsheet indicates it was December 23, 2006. Maybe December 2007 was when I opened the store. Yes, lots of great memories from those earlier iterations of HipStamp, including the forum discussions that I wish hadn't been lost.
  • Congratulations, Ted!!

And well said, Jeri!!
  • Thanks for the well wishes, everybody.
  • So, there is no cure?
  • Wow - 13 years ago!

I remember when you first showed up, Ted. Wasn't your avatar Huckleberry Hound?

I remember thinking, "Who is this joker??"

Now I know! :wink:

• images
    This was Ted sneaking into his house after a late night of philatelic carousing; privately peeling dennisons by the candlelight while longingly gazing at his Marilyns - all under the guise of supposedly drinking ale with the boys. He shortly thereafter quickly changed his avatar to Snoopy.

• The old me.

huck-avatar
  • Congratulations Ted.... the youthful you does not show the years...I found a picture of your first storefront a few years back...those were the daysdodge cityfrontst1874
  • You may not too far off. Ever been to the Fort Worth Stockyards? Beef, bourbon, and stamps here! Ted's the guy with the sandwich board and bell. Get Your Stamps Here!!!!! Get Your Stamps Here!!!! Dang it, only used 3 commas.
  • Yep, many of us are original Stampwants alum. I remember many of us helped Mark debug the site, and new enhancements.

Congrats, Ted! You and I also had the opportunity to personally meet as well.
  • Thanks, Michael. Speaking of meeting, is anyone planning on being at the Chicago show in August?
  • I will be there all 4 days! I was hoping to see you and other Hip Forum denizens! I will have a table at the Cachetmakers Bourse on Saturday, so I shouldn't be hard to find.

Please stop by! :smiley:
  • I'll be there, recording it for posterity (and my YouTube audience).
  • Do they allow drones inside the Rosemont Center??
  • That would be cool.
    Apropos that: Did you see the video where the guy flew his drone into a bowling alley, up a lane, through the back of the alley, through the lounge, and back out again? Some big time film director saw it, and invited the guy to his film shoot in London.
    I wonder if I could get a stamp deal for doing that.
  • edited June 2021 0 LikesVote Down
    I saw that! It was incredible!!

Fly your drone through all your albums and I bet APS would snatch you up to direct their first sitcom!
  • Oh! The good old days...
  • TT drone home .....and share with us more of your out-of-this-world philately
  • Hey Carol, to answer your question, Yes I survived the SG debacle, but only just, I am still patching up some of the gibberish descriptions they left me with. So far I have resisted the temptation to go back to Ebay..
    I wonder if any one else was crazy enough to have wasted time laying out descriptions in nice neat tables only to have them turned into absolute gibberish?