Bulk Uploader?

I thought there was a bulk uploader to use for other than syncing with Ebay. I tried to find it, but was unable to. The new listing function is too tedious and adds too much time to creating single listings. I like the idea behind it being all contained on one page. However, the execution is a failure, and difficult to read for any length of time without tiring out the eyes.To have to flip back to the old listing is the only way, but that adds to the tediousness. Either I figure out how to use the bulk uploader, if there is one, or I have to figure out another way to sell my stamps.

Comments

• 18 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Michael,

Go under members area, on the right hand side under Seller Tools is a link for the Bulk Lister. Click that and under the bulk lister there are links for downloading CSV files templates and also a link for instructions on how to use it.
  • A successful test.
  • Through the years, and even in the Stampwants days, bulk uploaders gave me nothing but fits. The bulk uploader on HipStamp is my new best friend.

One question. I am using the simple store version of the uploader .csv file. If there are a couple of data fields (item quantity for example) that I want to enter, not enough fields to make using the full .csv file version viable, can I just add the tags to the end of the simple spreadsheet, or will I have to put them in order (similar position as with the full data sheet?
  • images-4

Bulk Uploader?
  • It should work as long as you use the correct column heading, I would suggest trying it with a single listing in the csv file and see if it works for you
    This bulk loader in HipStamp is light years ahead of the earlier versions!
  • OK, thank you. I agree.
  • Michael,

If I remember correctly the headings need to be in the same order as the full csv file. (I made up about 10 different ones depending on what I was working on.) But that was quite awhile ago.
  • I'll give it a try, when my need arises, and try the 1 item test. The worst is that the file errors out. Thank you.
  • The order of the columns does not matter. I have often switched mine around, looking for the most efficient way to enter the stamp-specific data. You do not even need your column headings to match the HS field names, because, in the second screen when you upload your file (the Field Mappings screen) , every field has a dropdown box, with the word Select in it, that allows you to tell the system which column of yours matches that field.
    For example, Hip's field name for Price is called "Buy It Now Price." But your csv file's price column can have the heading "Fido" and all you have to do is select "Fido" from the dropdown box, to let the system know that's your price field.

You can also "Build your own title," as it was called on BidStart. You don't need a column in your csv file called "Item Title," instead, you can fill in the long box below the Select box, with the name of your columns you want to have in your listing title. My "Item Title" looks like this:
    {{Country}} #{{Cat_Nr}} {{Format}} {{Cond}} - {{Description}} ({{Year}})

If Hip decides to continue their sponsorship of my YouTube channel, I will make a comprehensive tutorial video on using the bulk uploader.

In the meantime, Michael, and anyone else, if you are having difficulties or have questions, feel free to contact me. I'll be glad to help out.
  • Thanks, Ted. Right now, it's moving smoothly, quite to my surprise.
  • Ron, I finally got the joke. Good one.
  • I made a boo boo.

I had 4 items for which I used the same Private ID. I have done this all the time with single listing adds. The report for the upload said "Update" on the 4 items, and gave me the Item #22248093 for all 4. I read the documentation, and saw that in the spreadsheet, all private IDs must be unique (for just that spreadsheet, I presume?).

The listing ID for all 4 items, if they had uploaded correctly would have been much higher than the number provided. How can I find out what #22248093 used to be? when I looked it up, I saw that the listing had the image for the 4th item in the spreadsheet. The other three are nowhere to be found.

So, I have to correct the listing for 22248093 (I don't know what it originally was), and then redo the four items that failed, and put them in a new spreadsheet.
  • edited August 2021 0 LikesVote Down
    Michael,

I would suggest contacting Hipstamp, they may be able to double check what it was.

Otherwise if you have your stock set up by private ID's it should be a simple fix to look for that ID, pull it, and then relist it.
  • edited August 2021 1 LikesVote Down
    Michael G, with the bulk uploader, every stamp no matter which upload file must have a unique private ID. Even though you are not using an Update header in your file, if the system sees an existing listing with the same private ID, it will overwrite the listing with the data in your new upload file.
  • OK, that's a big help. All my private numbers are "BIN", which tells me the location of items that are too large to fit in my stock drawers. There are not too many in the BIN. I should be able to figure this out. I have a plan to avoid the private ID duplicate issue again. Thanks.
  • I use my scan file names as my private IDs. Works out well.