How long does it take a new listing to appear?

edited September 2016 in Questions 0 LikesVote Down
I have been waiting a while for my newly created listings to appear. Is there a lag because info is being transferred from BidStart?

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I used the List Similar function on an existing listing to list about 15 new items today. I went thru all of the next screens, attached the image, adjusted the price and hit the List Now button. They were assigned id #'s however when I go back into my store now - they are no place to be seen. They just have vanished after I saw they were there after I hit the List Now. It took quite some time to do each one about 4 times longer than how quickly I could list on Bidstart - but where have they gone too ?? Steve
  • I had the same issue earlier this afternoon but the listings did show up after an hour or so.
  • I did the same thing the other day doing a timings test for 4 stamps. Seeing Steves post about this elsewhere I checked today and saw that they were no longer in my store. It COULD be that I was not changing the catalog stuff because frankly, the time it takes to do that is insane. Maybe because they didn't match the listings were dropped? I have no idea. Glad I did not list more
  • edited September 2016 1 LikesVote Down
    Normally it takes about 60 seconds. However, we're currently importing bidStart orders, with their applicable listings - which is about 5 Million listings we're creating, so there will be a more noticeable delay at the moment. However, we're hoping to be done with our import by tomorrow.

If you make any edits to any items, they would not be removed from search. However, if you made a change which you expected to be able to see using new keywords, a new category, etc. there would also be a delay for this.

This is a one-time issue, as we do not plan to import another 5 Million listings into HipStamp any time soon!
  • Thanks - they started to appear now - I think I will just wait a few more days before I start adding more - I was just trying it out on a handful of new items today. !
  • I just did 9 listings time stamp 14:30 through 14:36 (I know 6 minutes to do 9 items with no country change - a time killer to be sure) and an hour later they still don't show up in a search. I'll look again tomorrow morning.
  • Strange, I've been listing new items and they appear almost immediately...it takes so long to go through the listing process, that immediately has to be taken with a grain of salt! :tired_face:

I've also spent time "cleaning up" old listings, the process is even more time consuming, unless I still haven"t figured a way to do it.

https://www.hipstamp.com/store/directmaildiscount
  • The other day when I did it and they did not show up it was because I did not change the catalog part of the listing. I deleted those and redid them and they appeared though I don't think I checked in over a day. This time I think I did them correctly. But here is the really strange thing. I did 9 France stamps. One used, 3 mint, 5 mnh. If I do a search in my listings for France, they all appear. If I do it for the combination of France with the words used,mint,or mnh, it finds them. However if I put in the catalog number it doesn't find it. Of course the bigger issue for me is that I used Bidstart and now Hipstamp as my inventory holder for every other site. If I cannot search on a listing in Hipstamp by number then this site becomes pretty much useless for adding any new stamps. I haven't a clue why this would be happening