HipStamp Bulk Lister

Has anyone had success using the HipStamp advanced Bulk lister? The basic lister only has seven items, two of which I don't feel necessary (enable make offer, and private id) and still does not look like it will fix the unidentified items problem.

Comments

• 28 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I've figured it out and have been using it. I only use very few of the options now that my store is established.
  • Doug, I used it back in the day on BidStart, and assume I'll be able to figure it out here. But since you've been exploring, maybe you know: is there a way to download one's listings into a csv file? I haven't been able to find the right place to invoke that yet.
  • Never mind, Doug. I found on another thread that it's coming soon.
  • Mark mention in another place that they are using wps in their office. Perhaps they can create a template that we can use to create a csv file, making the bulk listing process more user friendly. As of now I am stuck, my turbo lister is not transferring the pictures. I do not know what I am doing wrong. Keep experimenting. I used Sixbit to upload at BS. Can anyone help me? You can pm, thanks.
  • I get an error message when trying bulk lister: My "report" looks like this:

Row Number Item ID Item Private ID Action Status Notes
    1 CREATE SUCCESS NOTICES: This item was skipped, as the quantity was set to zero.;

• Quantity is a required field. Make sure you've filled in the Quantity field in your spreadsheet. Check the "Fields" tab in the Bulk Lister section for more information.
  • edited September 2016 0 LikesVote Down
    The quantity fields all have a 1 (one). Is this related to the first row having titles? Even though the upload is marked as being a title row? When I tried to submit a support request with the Excel file attached it would not respond to the submit button. It is a very small file (7 items).
  • Did the other 7 items get listed?
    No. They were all multiple copies of Australia 147. One had already existed and I was adding the others to see if I could wrap my senility around the bulk lister.
  • I was seeing the same issue yesterday in bulk lister and put in a support ticket with examples but no response yet
  • Wayne - you were missing the quantity field. I just responded to your ticket. However, in general, the easiest way to get started is to click to download the "Store Items (Basic)" template from the Bulk Lister page, and then just fill in each row below. You can review more information about each field from the "Fields" tab.

Michael - I'll take a look at your ticket as well.
    My file has a 1 (one) in each row of the quantity column. I even changed the title of the column to a one. (1). I'll change it back to say quantity and try and upload it again. At this point
    I have NO hope it will wok.
  • My problem was in my upload file, tried to use the all fields template but in the end had success by using the basic template and adding in additional columns as needed. If you are not using any of the specific columns in the template then they can be deleted except for the required columns in the basic file. Thanks Mark for the response to the support ticket and the tips.
  • Hi Wayne - The quantity field was missing in the sample CSV you had emailed us. The easiest way to ensure your file works correctly is to download the Store Items (Basic) template, and fill out each row. Make sure not to change the names of any of the columns - as that's what we use to know which column is which. If you still have an issue, email us an updated version of the file you're trying to upload.
  • Thank you, Mark. Finally got the basic lister to work.
  • I'm thinking of trying the bulk lister for auctions again. Didn't work for me last time (a while ago) but I will give it another try. To schedule a time, the field map has this: Accepted format: yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss. What does that look like in the cell? For this afternoon at at 5PM would I put 2017-04-26 17:00:00 as the entry?

The bulk lister to the store works great! I did not know about using the 0 as a country code. I will try that with the next batch
  • edited April 2017 0 LikesVote Down
    Edit.
  • If by edit, you mean edit the cell, the formatting is the question as the accepted format appears on two lines in the explanation. Does it look as I wrote it or is there a comma between the date and the time. It also may be that you put this info into the spreadsheet after you generate a basic one and pass it through to the bulk upload file section. The only thing I have ever done there is put in a 1 for accept best offer (for my consignment items)
  • edited April 2017 0 LikesVote Down
    Yes 2017-04-26 17:00:00 is correct.

Once you upload your file, we send you a detailed report showing the Success, (or Success with Warnings) or Failure of each row, along with what the issue was (if there was one). So if you enter anything incorrectly it should be easy to see what the issue was, and how to correct it.
  • Thanks Mark! I will give it a try

Greg
  • Sorry to confuse, Greg. I posted a response, and then thought I'd better double-check what I said, so I edited my post with that single word.
    I haven't had a chance, yet, to check what I 1st wrote about. It will be another hour or so.
  • It does appear that the upload of auctions worked just fine. I plugged in the start time on the online screen and it carried over to the uploaded file. All auctions indicate as scheduled. Now I just have to hope for sales, though I know how long it takes for one to be "discovered" listing auctions!
  • Greg, I just now got around to checking what I mentioned earlier. You do not even need to use Category 0 in your upload file. My upload files do not even have a Category column. The system extracts the country name from your listing title and places it in the proper category.

Ted
  • Hi Ted, in general I agree, with a few exceptions.

For example, I tried this with "Germany - Offices in China", and the default put it in China. Whereas it should have been in "Germany", with stamp_type "offices abroad"

Another time, I put in a few United Nations items, and they were put somewhere else (I don't recall where).

So whenever I am working a specific area, such as Germany and Colonies, I am careful and put in the category number for those entries.
  • Only bug I found after uploading was caused by me, but I did not see any way to edit the auction so I cancelled the bad ones. I had forgotten to fill in the number of days so it appeared that the auction would run forever.
  • I think I saw this before but couldnt find it. If I want to edit a set of lots, how do I do it with the uploader?
  • That's the one I was looking for, thanks Mark!!