Glazed or disturbed gum?

I've been cataloging my collection of US stamps,
and I have two stamps a 399 and a RW3 that look nice and well centered mint,
but the gum is not perfect.
It doesn't show in photos, but the gum looks like the remains of a light hinge
that covers 60-80% of the back of the stamps.
Looks like they were in a high humidity environment,
causing them to maybe partially stick to a stock page.

How do I label them.
Is this called glazed, disturbed or something else?

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • edited September 2021 0 LikesVote Down
    OG, Disturbed gum.
    If the gum has been absorbed in part (i.e. no visible gum left, only paper), then you might say Part OG.

• Thank you. That's the way I'll catalog them.
    I've become the age that I need to inventory and catalog my collection.

It's the old joke,
    "My biggest fear is my wife will sell my collection for what I told her I paid for it."
  • Hahaha... nice Alan.
    Yeah, I realized early on in my collection (i.e. when I left the Harris album behind), that when I put a stamp into the collection, it's condition is noted below it. (like OG, MNH, NG, thin, etc). Then if it get's an "upgrade", I replace it, and update the condition. It saves spending months doing it in one hit later, and when I find candidates that are better, I don't have to pull the original stamp to find out, I just have to compare centering. No point in putting an XF no gum stamp in where you have an F/VF MNH... in my view anyway. Depends on your objective. But usually I go for the higher value. Now if it's SUP+ that might be a different story, but it's easy to check it beforehand.
    Lucky for me I've paid $0 for my collection... I may be the oddest collector in Philately, in that I just don't buy single material, I buy collections, take what I want out of that, and then break it up and resell for more than I paid for it (including the material I took out). That sometimes means selling a stamp I want... but it's about keeping the value of what I sell above what I paid for it. This way, my collection has cost me essentially $0.
  • I finally ditched my Harris album that I've had since I was twelve,
    and upgraded to Lighthouse stock style pages.
    Been putting the little notes next to each stamp.
    It not only looks better, it'll make things so much easier for someone that comes along after me to see what's there.
  • The Harris album is the perfect starter album, in my view. But once you graduate to stamps of real value (stuff over $50 each or so), then the pages just aren't heavy enough for my comfort. But I went Full Monty after, and essentially developed my own pages. The collection now resides in 18 padded, slip-covered 3" Light House binders. With Blue being front of book, red being back of book, green revenues, black Private Die, mahogany Essays & Proofs, Fakes, Forgeries, and brown is Telegraph and Reference collection (two separate albums). The only "Foreign material" I collect is Lundy Islands and it's in a very tiny hard cover collection album 1/2 sheet sized. The only "Topical" collection I have is "Methods of Delivery and Distribution", which includes obscure deliveries like Rocket and Missile mail, Submarines, Hot Air balloons, space craft (like the Space Shuttle), etc. I'm sure there is something I'm forgetting in there.
    I should probably create an exhibit for that collection actually...
  • I keep my world stamps and my discount postage in nice album covers.
    I keep my nice stuff camouflaged in my old Harris Traveler album.
  • Hahaha.
    The biggest hole in the collection at this point is beer (REA). I have pages for all of them, and I have 0 mounted. There are over 200 of them. Guess I've never found a "beer stamp" collection to buy.