Feedback has increased by several hundred with no new feedback showing

Not complaining but .......... something is amiss

Comments

• 41 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Ok, I will reiterate, I REALLY don't like this automatic feedback scheme. I do not know who or what it benefits and why. I just got hit with a bunch of "positive feedback" today. The only thing I can think of is that it demonstrates sales/transactions on a sellers behalf but it does, in no way, reflect the sentiment of the actual buyers of the items, for better or worse. These automatic feedback comments mean nothing to me and are actually, in my opinion, misrepresentative of the actual relationship between sellers and buyers. This is like getting a participation trophy for stamp dealers. Ridiculous.
  • I suspect this new system will disincentivise buyers from leaving feedback. Why bother if its done for me? The possible result? A monotonous chain of meaningless, computer-generated dribble...
  • Mark did, in fact, make that announcement a few weeks ago, Doug.
  • I really wish HS wouldn't do this. It should be up to the buyer whether or not to leave feedback of any sort.
  • I always give feedback when I receive payment so I have -0- to clean up.
  • I spent 15 years in high end retail years ago. For me, the proof in the pudding with my customers' satisfaction was that they came back to me and purchased more goods. For those that had issues with their purchase, they contacted me and the issue was resolved to their satisfaction. I am sure that over those years there were some who had a problem but simply never asked me about it and never came back. That was out of my control. In the case of online selling, it is a little different in that the customers are "faceless" and the buyer/seller transaction is quite impersonal unless either party initiates a correspondence. It is also similar in that, in my experience, the proof is, again, in the pudding. I have many repeat customers who do not leave any feedback but they keep coming back so I have to assume they have no issues with my product or service. For the few that have had an issue, they have contacted me directly to seek a resolution and in every case have come away with their issue resolved to their satisfaction and beyond. Sometimes they leave feedback, some don't and that's ok with me. In fact many of those have come back to buy again.

So, at the end of the day, I don't do this for the satisfaction of feedback. I do it for the satisfaction of doing it well and knowing it. That is why I do not like the automatic positive feedback left after 45 days. It is simply meaningless to me and artificially elevates the real meaning of real feedback from real people. Just my opinion and 13.5 cents.
  • I noticed the very same thing the last day or so. I always check my feedback to see the comments and also to confirm that a shipment has been received. Now my feedback is rising but there have been no apparent feedback left.

I went back about 15 pages into my feedback and found no obvious examples of feedback created by HipStamp. All comments appear to have been left by the actual purchaser. I was curious how HipStamp was going to handle the feedback comments; apparently they just up the positive feedback number with no indication of the actual items for which the feedback has been left. If they are going to auto-add feedback, I guess that is the best way to do it.
  • I knew something was strange the other day when I suddenly got feedback with a positive rating but no comments from 3 different buyers one of whom I knew had not bought from me in a long time. I checked back and sure enough it was from many years ago. Today another entire batch of older sales came back with feedback as well. Obviously these buyers never provided feedback at the time. Now when I look at the feedback that I need to reciprocate - I get all of these non comments feedbacks. There is no way to clear them off unless I give them feedback now too. This is just another mess for something that was never a problem before. Really getting tired of these negative changes !
  • Thanks - it is like a treasure hunt - if you don't look in the right spot you would not find it ! Announcements like this should be more visible especially to the sellers. Steve
  • I always give feedback when the orders are shipped.
  • HipStamp....please stop sending unsolicited feedback. Please! Doesn't mean anything real.
  • I'm just a buyer, but I have an issue with this. I always leave feedback. I have orders pending that are coming from South Africa and Vietnam that have not arrived yet, but the seller has already gotten their positive feedback. 45 days is too short, if you must do this.
    I prefer to leave my own feedback.
  • Thank you Phil. Hadn't noticed that.
  • Steven,

Again I say Amen!!!
  • Regarding feedback it feels like XMAS came early, pump it up. I assume they changed the feedback code though.
  • I was planning a special promotion for the buyer that took me over 100,000. I will now have to rethink that one. The addition of more than 12,000 positives has taken me considerably over that mark.
  • Could there be a policy change coming where there are automatic positive feedbacks lefts if time has passed with no feedback activity (assumed positive)? Other sites do that. Is there another explanation?
  • I would like to table an idea... for feedback / comments please if we agree perhaps we can ask Hipstamp to reconsider the 45 days cutoff..... The new feedback says positive feedback automatically received after 45 days if no feedback left by customer........ Well we mail from the Philippines and 45 days is not that long for mail to be delivered to various customers we have in Eastern Europe, some European countries, Australia for example at the present time, even part so the UK and USA can take easily 6 weeks. No fault of ours as we mail within 24 hours of order receipt except for weekend when we have no mail services. Covid has caused considerably slower international airmail services..... 45 days maybe ok for US to US or US to Canada customers but ..........Hipstamp is more than just a US market place. - So 45 days ???? many international customers may not even have received their orders and might not be happy to have feedback left for them when they have not even received orders Many of our customers are very kind leaving very useful feedback and we also get an indication of delivery times - which we track so we can keep new customers correctly advised of probably delivery times.

So what do people think. 1) Is 45 days long enough? 2) what is long enough?

I welcome thoughts please . Michael cddstamps
  • very good point Peter. Thank you for sharing. I suspect we too have that situation. Cheats for sure I suspect - which we just wrote off as a cost of doing business - but still it does make the automatic feedback somewhat of a misrepresentation of the facts.
  • John: I think it boils down to the sellers process for feedback. It has been a subject on the forums before as to when a seller should leave feedback. I have always used the process that you leave feedback for the buyer when you the seller has completed your part of the bargain but many sellers have stated in the past that they will only leave feedback for the buyer once they have seen feedback from the buyer. I presume those sellers that were waiting for feedback are now seeing reciprocal request for feedback under the new process
  • John, as one my favorite customers, more than "just a buyer", and gentle caretaker of feral beavers, to me, it's not so much the 45 days part of the issue as it is the fact that the seller/buyer relationship is being short circuited by machine code. I just don't need or want, for that matter, Skynet telling me that the buyer was happy with their experience/purchase just because 45 passed when they didn't choose to do it themselves. We need The Terminator now more than ever on this issue!!! :smiley:
  • Carol: You made me look! I see some new feedback for me with the comment, "Positive Feedback Automatically Left After 45 days".

Like you, I'm not complaining. Glad to get it.
  • Everyday - I clear off Feedback showing in ones I need to reciprocate too and the next day an entire new batch shows up. This is ridiculous ! It totally has made the feedback more meaningless than before !!
  • Then that's another thing - where are these so called annoucements posted ? All of these recent changes just come out of nowhere.. Steve
  • I note that I am now getting feedback for items sold years ago with a simple "Received". I am even getting this for items where the Buyer(s) claimed they never received the item and received a full refund from me. Does this mean I can now go back after those Buyer(s) and ask to get my payment back, after they now indicate they have Received it?
  • @John Eckhardt You will have to up your ante to 200,000, well done sir.
  • Hi all,

We apologize for any confusion here. Several weeks ago, we had an update on HipStamp that included a change in which if no feedback has been provided after 45 days, Hip will automatically post a positive feedback rating for sellers with the comment “Positive Feedback Automatically Left After 45 days”.

If you have any further questions about this matter, please feel free to send us a message directly at support@hipecommerce.com.

Best regards,
    Anj
    Hip Support
  • Andrew,

You might be right. I will wait a little longer to run a special promotion. My numbers keep growing. I'm close to 125,000 now.