False positive feedbacks

2»

Comments

• I've read carefully all the arguments against the change. I'm still in favor of the change and glad they did it. I hope HS stays firm on this, despite the petitioning to undo the change.
  • Fair enough Phil! I respect that. It is most definitely not the end of days either way this little issue goes. I just kind of wish, for myself, that I had way to opt out of it. And for those who want it, to opt in. We're cool though hombre'!
  • edited November 2021 0 LikesVote Down
    Thanks, Greg! Because I get the sense that my view is the minority position among those speaking about it in these threads, I feel like I need to share my opposing viewpoint. I've tried to only make one post each time the discussion revives itself. (This post is the exception - lol!)
  • Well, either way amigo, we all have our own points of view. We all root for the same team at the end of the day, our own successful endeavours. I don't think HS is going to change on this issue anyway. But we all get up in the mornings and get to it no matter what.
  • My concern is just what the "score" on our selling pages means. Each of those pages has an item "Seller:" with our name and a number. Just what does that number mean? Does a big number mean that I am a better seller than a new seller or a seller with only 100 or so items to sell? What does it say about the quality of my product or the quality of my service. A seller may have total sales of 100,000, but a feedback number of 2500, would you buy from them if you had ALL the information. Yes you can look at the feedback page and get that info, but how many people intent on buying do that?
    Perhaps a percentage reflecting the positive feedback (real) to total feedback might be a better (but not perfect) measaure.
  • "High five" Phil.
  • The fake positives are annoying yes, as sometimes the lack of feedback can convey as much as neutral or negative feedbacks.

What's worse is the complete lack of the ability to filter positive, neutral, and negative feedbacks like you can on eBay. As a buyer, when evaluating a potential seller, the first thing I do is read through the comments and responses that were left for negatives and neutrals. WHY were negatives and neutrals left? Were the problems due to misdescribed orders, slow shipping, canceled items, or something else? How many were problem buyers (yes, those exist).

eBay makes this easy to do. Hipstamp makes this impossible, forcing you to manually browse through pages and pages of ratings.
  • I don't care one way or the other about the automatic feedback. perhaps would be nice if it got another category - Positive, Negative, Neutral and Automated? But one thing for sure... the automatic feedback triggers too soon. In this age of slow USPS delivery service and uncertainty, I think it should be more like 90 days before anything triggers automatically. It can take a very long time for the transaction to complete. And forget about sending anything out for expertization.
  • edited November 2021 2 LikesVote Down
    When will buyers receive automatic positive feedback in cases where the seller doesn't bother to leave them feedback?
  • "When will buyers receive automatic positive feedback". They already have it! Most sellers will leave a positive feedback to any buyer even new unknown ones. Just reading the "Thanks for fast payment...blabla." means nothing. The seller does not ship if not paid anyway. That's why many have asked for a way to review feedbacks. The seller takes a gamble that the buyer will react eventually to proper merchandise and delivery, and approx. 60% never give feedbacks even if they keep buying which in itself is the best feedback. That's why I'm all for the automated feedback has long its properly identified has such.
  • To clarify Don't we have the ability as buyer or seller to view both a seller's buying n selling feedback as a separate total rather then combined or am I missing something?
  • Brett - I'm buyer only and believe comments of positive, neutral or negative is in one listing only thus one needs to scroll down to find a neutral or negative if you wish to read why. Ebay does in fact have ability to read in their own respective files though both platforms have most current comment on top
  • I just verified that if you click seller's feedback you can click on buying or selling feedback next to your name it showed 90% buying feedback n 0% selling feedback with about 500 total listings obtained making it roughly 50 negative feedback as a buyer from 2 dealer's 40 or so from 1 10 from another! To get my 1st ever item sold on hipstamp gonna make a new auction and with the listing gonna add a bonus making it worth while not sure weather to add it to pictures or just description for a surprise/grab bag feeling!
  • When I buy 16 stamps from one seller, I would like to leave 1 feedback, not 16. eBay used to do this, but it also is doing 1 feedback for each stamp. Way too much work for both buyers and sellers, in my opinion.
  • A person should be able to see the neutral and negative feedback with out having to dig to find it. By not allowing that is not fair at all for anyone who wants to buy on this site.
    After 22 years of selling on eBay I did not have one negative feedback after 50,000 or more sales. Not all people left feedback and when they bought multiple items only one feedback would be left for the sale whether it was 1 item or 100.
    I left because of the managed payment thing and I miss the fact that I got a lot more sales there with a lot better prices. I just did not like having to give my bank info to eBay in order to get paid. I have been with PayPal since the beginning of 2001 and never had a problem.
  • You can leave 1 feedback that will apply to all 16 items in the order. The trick is NOT to leave feedback through the link that says “I need to leave feedback for 16 items I purchased.” Instead, go to your Orders page, and use the Feedback button that’s clustered with the Print Invoice and Shipping Status buttons.
  • Ted for the WIN!....Again!
  • edited November 2021 0 LikesVote Down
    Ted I always leave feedback with the link by the sale and it leaves one feedback for each item that I sold so it always comes up as multiples for the same sale. When a person buys 10 items in one sale and I post feedback on the order page, feedback is left for each of the 10 items.