Getting There

I am now down to 70 unowned US stamps. What I find interesting is that there are essentially three equal piles left.

23 are pure unobtainium. 613, 314A, etc. none of these even have a price in my world.

24 are priced over $1,000 each. Not impossible. But out of my league.

23 are under $1,000. That makes them relatively “affordable”. About one per month. But it will be a fun search.

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I have to say that best part about owning Scott #1 and #2 is not having to search for them again.
  • Interesting Bob. Is there a particular condition of your collection, or is it mixed?
    Are you interested in sharing your 23 you're on the hunt for?
    Cheers!
  • Good post Scott, I was wondering also.
  • With the exception of the first page (Scott 1-34) they are all mint. Generally well centered and lightly hinged.

The first page was blank forever. Then I decided it could be done used.
  • My 23. Slightly reduced already.

534B. 477. 277. 262.
    90. 89. 86. 75. 72. 70. 64. 39.

34. 31. 27. 23. 18. 13. 12.
  • Another question Bob, do you do the minors? Like 1a, 1c, etc, or just the major numbers?
    I just completed by #1's a couple months ago. Took forever to get a 1c but finally managed to dig one up.
    Our logo is actually my Scott #3. Have always loved that stamp.

I have a couple certed 39's, both OG and used if you're interested.
    A pretty nice 70 that is no gum but unused (great centering on this one, which is really tough on the 24c Washington).
    Nice, you are really close.

The 12... that's a pricey one to get unused.
  • Scott. 34-1 are all used in my world. No minors.

Interested in the 39 and the 70. Unused. And yes I have seen some pretty rough 70s.