Private ID Field Can the number we used on the last listing be made sticky?

Mark,

On Bidstart with using the private ID filed it was a bit faster to list the items when the ID number was brought forward. (It was a bit faster to just edit part of the numbers as opposed to type in the whole new private ID with all the information that is being typed in)

For example I use different descriptions in the private ID field to narrow down what I am looking for.

Examples for first days I use FDC AXXX
for stamps I use SXXXX
for postal history I use history HXXX

X's are for the numbers. When you used the list similar the number used on the earlier was brought over and it was fairly quick just o change a number or two and not to have to type the whole filed in again.

If I remember correctly someone had asked to have the number removed each time. Is it possible to have the number made sticky but if someone wanted to use and a private ID for some items and not all that they could then blank that box out and the number would NOT be brought forward after that listing?

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Same question as above. Is it possible to have the private ID be sticky. I sell and keep track from whom I purchased the selection from. My ID is in sequential order and it would be nice not to type the whole number each time I type a selection. My first digits are my storage location (FS3) Full sheet three and the two digits from whom I purchased from. (JB) Joe Blow. Having to type FS3JBXXXXX with each entry is a pain. With BS only had to change the last digit. Or (BC1) with whom I purchased (BC1DMxxxxx). Sure would save some time and possible errors.
    Also my shipping instructions have be retyped each time I start up after HS has timed me out. Can this be sticky or I haven't learned how to retain my shipping instructions.?
  • Bringing this up again as this would be a big time saver for those of us that use the private ID's.
  • Copy the repeating text to the clipboard. Then you simply press CTRL-V and type in the unique digits, for each listing. Better yet, save more time; use the bulk lister.
  • Thank you for the tip.

Can you answer a couple of questions on the bulk as you do use it.

First how many listings per hour do you average using the bulk lister?

(After looking at the bulk lister and seeing some the info that should be included such item_specifics_01_country,item_specifics_03_stamp_type,
    item_specifics_04_condition, etc if you use all those fields how is it faster to use the bulk lister,if you have to look up all the numbers that need to be used?)

How would it be an advantage for someone like me who first does not know how to use a CSV file to begin with,and 2 for someone like me who can already at times list over 60 items per hour straight on Hipstamp using the listing form and not the bulk lister? (And I do realize listing on Hipstamp is a bit slower then it was on Bidstart)

https://www.hipstamp.com/store/cals-and-friends-stamps

• I would rather not have sticky Private IDs, as it would be too easy to inadvertently create a duplicate ID for different stamps, which will cause headaches later for a dealer who sends the wrong stamp to a customer because of it. Much easier to learn shortcuts to inserting repeating text into a listing, such as mentioned above.

Micahel, so as not to hijack this thread, I have created another topic for bulk uploader help.

Ted