With all the (justifiable) negativity about this site lately...

...here's a positive for a change.
I had a buyer contact support about not receiving a cover from me. Granted, it was mailed 4-weeks ago from here in NY State to Hawai'i, during a time when it was possible the air services to the Islands were halted due to the chinese virus. Whatever. Using support as an intermediary (why the buyer didn't just contact me directly is a mystery), I suggested giving it a bit longer. Obviously, the buyer's ability to wait any longer didn't suit him, so the next day he filed an 'item not received' with our friends over at PayPal. It was a chump-change-sized cover, so I just went ahead and refunded the...buyer. Today, support contacted me and they had already gone ahead and refunded me my FVF on this transaction. Nice !
Now, if there was only a way to block buyers...

Comments

• 13 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Yes I just had a first timer who has 0 feedback not pay me for an auction and it would be nice to be able to block buyers.
  • edited December 2021 3 LikesVote Down
    :-) there also are sellers that do not ship items or refuse to refund when items oddly do not arrive. I generally just never buy again from a bad seller . had a seller refuse to refund $5.. i mean really $5... because I had left him feedback saying the item arrived by mistake. the way Hipstamp has feedback set up it is easy enough to do. auto feedbacks after a short amount of time is also a joke. as it lets bad sellers not ship items or send bad stamps and get away with it because buyers do not want to risk retaliation after already getting screwed out of stamps. Just saying it is a slow disaster waiting to harm this site as buyers get ticked off with the site and certain sellers. Most like me will not bother filing a $5 claim but avoid the jerk sellers that act this way , and they cause harm to all . I wonder how much $$ the seller lost and will lose from me because of his horrid attitude over the $5 lot that never arrived- if he ever shipped it? I have a good stamp budget and he sells what I buy but will never get a penny from me again. I suspect more than a few sellers here have been removed from other stamp sites.
    so if they do provide a blocked buyer list (good idea) they also need a blocked seller list :-) To add I do believe 99% of sellers and buyers are honest.
  • You know Jerry you are complan[ng about a seller over $5.00 however it seems you are way more worried about it than he is!!!! You are why many sellers want block a bidder. You would never have to worry about ever bidding on their lots again.
  • edited December 2021 2 LikesVote Down
    LOL - yep blame it on the buyer. I have no problem remembering his name or yours.. :-) disrespect for those that purchase your items is certainly one option? it could have been a 5c item and i would certainly expect to be treated professionally or no repeat purchase would be made.. i think most buyers feel the same.
  • I am just saying. The seller in your opinion shouldn't worry about $5.00 but it sure seems as though you do. Do you realize how cheap you sound? Good thing it wasn't $20.00 huh? You'd probably be having a corronary. Please do remember my name because have a legion of buyers that I treat extremley well soIi really don't need a cheapskate like you!!!!
  • :-) LOL thanks for making my point so well.
  • The point here is you are every bit as worried about 5 measley dollars as you accuse this seller of being. If $5.00 is that important to you maybe you shouldn't be buying stamps. Just a thought. Maybe you need to be a bit patient with the mail as it sure isn't all that great yet. I just had a lot take 6 weeks to go 50 miles. I refunded after 4 weeks , a whopping 6.68 only to have them delivered 2 weeks later. So LOL yourself.
  • edited December 2021 2 LikesVote Down
    LOL, :-) 3 months... but that is not the issue.. its all about attitude and professionalism dealing with buyers. not being rude is the key. People do not deal with rude people more than once.
  • Sometimes it is difficult for a buyer or seller to resist reflecting the other's attitude. If you approach a seller as if he is a cheat and a scammer, he might just dive into the conversation with the same attitude about you. The reverse is also true.
    If a buyer or seller approaches the problem with a bit of understanding of the other's dilemma the whole issue might just go smoothly. I understand that, no matter the dollar value, an order is important to a customer. I hope a customer realizes my sense of powerlessness when it comes to an item missing in the mails. Honestly, the delay in issuing a refund (which I always do) is directly proportional to the attitude of the buyer.
  • I totally agree .. it is always best to be as polite as possible.
  • I love this site and from my experience most buyers n sellers are fair n respectful and most don't mind waiting for mail to come and personally some purchases I've made had the seller wait for my payment life happens like for me more flat tires then the average person last year had to replace 6 this year it's 8 yet there new tires can't win it would seam, more issue's since the pandemic also with not being able to sell other collections I got like plants n coins n such and shipping times being terribly slow with some cases the package sits at same place for weeks overflow or lack of job commitment!
    Just glad so many here are understanding if you explain the situation to the best of your abilities most problems are solved with mutual respect!
  • edited December 2021 0 LikesVote Down
    another thing it is the internet so virtually anyone can use this site witch in turns means you can come across the most trashy of life or just the opposite those who don't speak/respond perhaps there is a language Gap or IQ Gap
    Perhaps we need a Translator option for both buying /selling/messages say you speak only German and type German there should be a option where you can click what language or languages you wanna translate it to for the masses of people out there I think this option could increase sales also help prevent miscommunication from 2 different languages!