New Hip Stamp

1235»

Comments

• Our team has been hard at work making improvements to HipStamp, to provide a better overall experience to our members, with a focus on delivering additional ease of use and value to our buyers, and in turn, increased sales for our Sellers. Our latest changes have primarily focused on the homepage, the header of our website, and turning our website into a Progressive Web App, which can be installed on your phone or tablet.

You can find additional details on these changes here: https://www.hipstamp.com/p/new-hipstamp

With regard to our homepage, these changes are primarily geared toward buyers and provide two unique experiences:

1) New Buyers:
    The new homepage aims to provide more detailed information about HipStamp, show what sets us apart from other marketplaces, and highlight unique items and features. The overall aim here is to increase the number of members that join once they visit our homepage.

2) Existing Buyers:
    For existing buyers, your homepage now focuses on key activities and events. It provides a fully customized feed of items and recommendations based on your previous activity, including searches, purchases, favorite sellers, watched items, and more. The goal is to help buyers find items that they're interested in easier and faster.

While these goals are focused on new members and buyers, both of these goals help deliver more sales to our sellers. With that in mind, we're happy to announce that we're already on track to exceed our expectations for these updates. Since the launch of the new HipStamp, we've had one of the best weeks on record for sales, and we're on track to have a record-breaking month in January by a wide margin.

Our overall changes within our header are also adaptive to provide the best options for both buyers and sellers. For example, previously, as a Seller, you could click within the header to go to the Members Area Summary page, and you could scroll down to the footer to click on the "View My Store" button (which was not very intuitive). Now, both of these options are located within the main menu, along with direct access to each of the main sections of the Members Area. This includes Listings, Offers, Orders, Seller Tools, and more.

With that above in mind, we appreciate the feedback shared here in our forums and are quickly working to correct any features that are not currently working as expected.
  • Jerry,

Some of them would make sense that they would only be shown to the sellers. Tough right at the very top is a link that says account settings. Not sure if you have that or not.

Then the rest would only be used by the sellers with the exception of the help link at the very bottom.
  • John,

I am using chrome also and I have 3 links near the top which are in blue, account settings and then under store subscription I have Store Settings / View My Store.

Then under the sellers part I have listings, offers from buyers, orders, store stats and sellers tools and under that should be 2 more which are help and sign out. (I miscounted it looks like there are 18 links. not 17)
  • Mark,

I for one can vouch for the sales this month. They have been up quite a bit so far.
  • MIchael,

Yes I do realize all that and it is fine but the banner of categories below the menu tab does not fill the page...it goes off to "the east" and I have to zoom the page down to 67% to see, for example "stores" and "Auction events". And the only link to the forums is way down at the bottom of the page. Forums link should be in the users menu options in my opinion. I just don't understand why others are having issues as they are describing and I am not. The site has seemed to work fine for me since the change and the only issues I have are small ones like I said above.
  • Greg,

That sounds like something they will have to tweak a bit to get it to fit right on the [ages. (It's not something I am problem with.) I can see why they didn't put a forums link there. It looks like they took the pages that most people look at and gave those links. The forums aren't really used by the vast majority of Hipstamp users, so I can see why they didn't do it.

As far as the rest I am having the same results as you are and I am not having those same problems others are having.
  • edited January 2022 2 LikesVote Down
    Yeah, that's why it kind of smells like a browser settings or compatibility or cache issue maybe. Don't really know cause it hasn't happened to me in Chrome at least. I can live with the new format though, just takes a little getting used to.
  • edited January 2022 0 LikesVote Down
    I have spent several days trying to get used to the new format. When the listing new items changed awhile ago - I had problems with that as well. I have gotten used to that except for not being able to figure out how the Year field is working - I think it is a mess and perhaps that was always that way and I never noticed. Regardless for this new design format - the two things that annoy me the most is (1) The View My store - it was much easier to have that button available at anytime to do that. (2) The real annoying thing is the sign off. You have to go to your MENU like everything else - but the sign off option is at the BOTTOM of the choices - so at least for me - I need to scroll down to get to the sign off. I think that option shoud have been either at the top of the Menu choices or even outside the Menu as option to Sign Off just like the Log In. I find myself not logging off as much now... I will post this Log Off issue in Feature requests as well.
  • A couple of days ago, I stated that since the change I have had 0 sales. In all fairness to HipStamp, I need to update that comment. I have just had one of my largest sales ever, even going back to StampWants.

Ted, thanks for the update. I need to set aside some time to process new listings. I think I'll start in small batches to make sure the bulk uploader is working properly with Chrome.
  • edited January 2022 1 LikesVote Down
    @Mark Rosenberg,
    The thing you seem to miss is, moving the Members Area off the home page requires an additional click, and as you say "a scroll down" to get to the page as a seller, we're really interested in. You've made it easier for buyers, but not for sellers. PLEASE, move that back to the homepage top.
    I have tabs already setup for most of these in my browser, but when I'm not on one of those (or I accidentally close one), it becomes worse.
    It seems like a small thing, but when you change the MOST USED FEATURE for a seller to now require drilling down into another layer, it may be a small delay, but it is hugely annoying. It makes using the interface less intuitive, and takes more time. When you do this dozens of times a day, it starts to become a bigger and bigger annoyance.
    I would suggest looking at your analytics, and see what people REALLY click on. What's you're top 3, 4, or 5 things. (Or ask us, since they may also be buried now or before).
    Interface development is tricky and what is "intuitive" to the developer is often not intuitive to the user, and even if it is intuitive, if it adds clicks to execute the same feature/function, it's just annoying.
    Hope this feedback is received in the spirit in which it is intended.
  • Scott,

I have to respectfully disagree about the fact that the members area is the most used feature for a seller, it may be for quite a few but not all. For myself it is one of the lesser used pages as it's a summary page, which is not as practical for a seller like myself. The only reason for me to even use it was to be able to get to the other areas that I DO USE more often and I need to click 2 or 3 more times to get to the page I really need. And now with the way they have it set up is a help to me because now I don't have to go into the summary page unless I want to, instead of needing to so I can pass through that page.
  • Sales have been up quite a bit this month. Both before and after the change. I had 2 very nice sales this past week and the largest sale that I have ever had on this site on New Year's Day,
  • Sounds like the updates and new site configurations are not yet coded with different web browsers in mind. If you do not have the most updated browser version, bizarre things may happen. That has been my experience when things stop working as they have in the past. Beyond the frustration, this is a 'real world' issue and I hope it does not bring HS down. It would be very good to have a "statement" released by HS to acknowledge the issues and assure that it is being addressed.
  • Here is an answer from one of my numerous messages: Please be advised that we continue to work and improve our site, with the intent to make it more efficient and seamless for our members in the long run. We do appreciate your feedback and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

In the meantime, can you please let us know if you continue to experience this issue?

As for updates, I have the very latest Mac computer with their new processor and last week update. And when going through the messages about the much improved HS system, people have commented they used Chrome and all the other systems. Granted some of the problems could be computer problems, who knows! But some, "new improvements" are just bad programming or actual bad decisions to change things.
  • I know the feeling, Mark

sdr-vs-ae-blame-1024x535
    It is bad programing. I have the latest FireFox version and 200MBS download speed and pages just hang waiting to load.
    The coding is really messed up and there is no reason why you have to wait 3 seconds or more for the page to load.

Really bad programmers.
  • Oh, the trials of modernity, having to wait 3 seconds or more, for anything.
  • It's like I am siting with a dial up modem.
  • It doesn't appear that any of the problems are going to be fixed
  • edited January 2022 0 LikesVote Down
    Hopefully someday. The time it takes for pictures to load on the order page reminds me of using AOL dial up back in he 90's. Pictures on the other hip pages load normally but the order page is s.l.o.w. Sloppy programming???
  • It is still taking 3 to 5 seconds minimum to up to 10 seconds to load the new symbols on the right side of the header.
    I know that they are special to the person that is logged on they should be set when you log on or else do something else.
    A buyer could be half way down a page searching and the it finally sets and takes them back to the top.

A very bad set up.
    :-) for the youngsters- :-) -- Dial up modem...
  • As it was for many, the Member since date was at May 2021. Last Friday, mine finally changed to February, 2008. It is now back to May 2021. Northing seems to be happening on other problems that I told them about.
  • Mine still says 'May 2021' as well.
  • Richard: Same here, I am now a newbie I'm also May 2021, even if I was on Bidstart and Hipstamp on day one. But the good news, is that the Search function is back to normal...I think! When you work on revising stamps, since this PM you don't have to retype the complete name of the country each time...now if it could keep the last
  • Mine says May 2021, but I actually opened my store in July 2021. So yeah, I got nothing.