Category Listing error. Brunei I have given up But Cocos Islands!!!?

edited January 2022 in Bugs 0 LikesVote Down
For 10 years now I have been screaming that Brunei is not in the Middle East. It is still listed there.
And now, let me start a new geography lesson: Cocos Islands are NOT in the Latin America/Caribbean's region.
Will I look 10 years from now and see that it too has NOT been impacted by the drifting tectonic plates, and is still solidly in the wrong place? Folks, it is embarrassing!
It is laughable!
rrr...

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • edited January 2022 1 LikesVote Down
    There are a group of islands the Cocos islands which are part of Costa Rica. NOT a country and NO stamps have been issued as far as I know. It is inhabited. from Wiki: The entirety of Cocos Island has been designated a Costa Rican National Park since 1978, and has no permanent inhabitants other than Costa Rican park rangers. Surrounded by deep waters with counter-currents, Cocos Island is admired by scuba divers for its populations of hammerhead sharks, rays, dolphins and other large marine species.
    rrr...
  • Ralph, the categories are a complete mess. Once you start listing world-wide issues, you continually come across issues. The listing process is much worse than the browsing process.

There are far more issues than the two examples you listed above. Other than listing in the wrong geographic area, other issues include double listings (Berlin and West Berlin as one example, with St Thomas and Prince Islands in the Caribbean and Sao Tome and Principe in Africa - there are many more) and not providing a place to list issues (Bangkok along with others).

Perhaps it is such a mess that it presents too daunting of a task to fix? I would suggest that they just fix one item in the categories each month - that would give them something to do for many years. Or better yet, just do the very simple thing of listing every stamp-issuing entity alphabetically, but then that is just too simple and easy. I guess the little tweaks that are constantly being preformed that are not necessary are believed to be more important to those in charge.

I have no hope of ever seeing the category listing mistakes being fixed. The mess that it is will remain. As a seller, I badly want to see it fixed because in its present state it just gives such a very amateurish impression of the site. So bad that it could drive potential customers away.
  • The Cocos (Keeling) Islands ,officially the Territory of Cocos (Keeling) Islands , are an Australian external territory in the Indian Ocean, comprising a small archipelago approximately midway between Australia and Sri Lanka and relatively close to the Indonesian island of Sumatra. The territory's dual name ) reflects that the islands have historically been known as either the Cocos Islands or the Keeling Islands. Costa Rica has an island, Isla del Coco situated about 500 kms SW of the mainland. Isla del Coco does not issue stamps, The Cocos (Keeling) Islands does. Every time I do a search for Costa Rica stamps, I have to go through 150 stamps that are miscategorized.
  • Rrrraphy! When did you get here? Did Ron Lenke leave the door unlocked again?
  • edited January 2022 0 LikesVote Down
    I guess Ted, my memory is not what it used to be 10 years ago...LOL
    Did we discuss Cocos before...OMG!!!
    rrr...
    "Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose! " I guess some things will not change. And I thought the universe was not static!