Has hipstamp.com changed hands

2»

Comments

• edited January 2022 2 LikesVote Down
    It is NOT just a speed issue. It has MAJOR flaws, that forces you to reinput again and again. For example, in a search, it is not possible to just write over for the next search..you have to do it twice, or more. If returning to a page or a spot, it NEVER executes properly. Chronological searches seem some times to not know the alphabet, or to insert crazy out of place items for who knows what reason. When searching, you never know if it searched for all items. Often I can find more by modifying the search, when it should have been found at first. The sorts which I aIlway set to either by cat number of by price, (low to high) or newest item first, always revert back to "default" forcing you to reinput.... (this has been an issue from day one, but it is compounding the rest of the problems and tipping my tolerance level).
    I figure, I will give Hipstamp a good rest for a few weeks and hope someone will rewrite the software for all the new bugs. But are the programmers who wrote the new code using it? Does anyone know why the changes caused so many bugs? And why the changes?
  • Ralph you say it is not possible to write over for your next search. What do you mean? If I search US 235, I can search for US 236 simply by clicking on the search box, backspacing once, enter 2, then hit return. Seems simple to me. Granted, I need to click on sort again to set up low to high. This stays when I switch from MNH to used, but not when I search for a new number which is a little annoying. HipStamp automatically shows you all auctions first, but two clicks gets me back to low to high. Often stamps that seem out of place are a result of the seller not properly identifying the stamp. They have nothing to do with the programming. Five stamps don't belong on the first page of my search for 235 and 3 listings show this stamp included among others. Two are miss identified by seller, two because a 234 was identified as being a 5 cent stamp (with computer thinking seller was selling both togethere) and one from the Philippines which was a US possession.
  • Well I just shut down my store this site has gown down hill Since Last Year of October the settings now are junk overly clicky feels like the 90's back when you had to click 10 times to get to the part you want sadly facebook marketing is way easier then this new crap setting features here so gonna find me on Facebook marketing for stamps, Coins, maybe even some odds n ends tired of this low down app site makes me think someone from over seas with a Indian accent took over from 711 ello ow mi I elp u give me Texan speaking fluently American cheers I hate telemarketing speeches might as well give me a robot to talk to instead!
  • Forgot to add Facebook Marketing is free without adds n pop ups and no need to click many more times then ever needed like this site has done! Sales are way more frequent people on both buyer n seller communications is way more up to par, feedback is given way faster and so much more drop hipstamp till they get there heads out there ass! As a Buyer n seller I'm done here!
  • I am sure there will be others that follow you to another site. This is what you get when a company hires cheap programmers to do the work on the one thing that keeps a site being a good.
  • edited February 2022 4 LikesVote Down
    Brett I wish you success on your new site. I took a look at your suggestion, but to me it looked more like HipStamp's Forums with the ability to also sell and buy stamps. I couldn't find any search capabilities. Scrolling isn't for me. I don't have the time. Maybe it's because I'm not a Facebook user. That site is not one I would recommend to anyone serious about selling or buying stamps. Also I had trouble finding the site in the first place. I did a search and was first directed to sites selling rubber stamps. Not postage stamps.