Difficulty Navigating

When I go to my cart and access the list of my saved sellers, I can view the first frame of any saved seller, but am unable to navigate up and down.
There is no way I can complete purchases, without being able to review all the items in a specific cart, and right now I am frozen on the top of the list.
rrr..

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Might be an issue with the browser. Have you cleared the browser cache? Just a thought.
  • edited March 2022 1 LikesVote Down
    Not a cache issue Doug I think it has something to do with the size of the files, just like searches on ranges truncate the results to limit the number of outputs.

BACK ARROW PROBLEM:
    More navigation problems: it seems the system does not recognize the simple back arrow which should take you back where you were last. It either returns you several steps back, or randomly it seems using a random number generator (?joke). At minimum, please return me to the right page, even if my location on the page needs resetting, although a good program would take you exactly where you left off.
    I find it very aggravating to have constantly to reset my address to proceed.

A note: this is aggravating enough that I make a parallel with the lack of "stickiness" of some controls (such as search on lowest price, or newest item etc.. which constantly need to be reset, and eventually I just give up my efforts to buy here). Been asking for some stickiness of some parameters for years.

Please correct the current software issues and make the BACK ARROW return you to the LAST address you were at.

Thanks.
    rrr...
  • Raph I'm using Chrome and have no problem using the Back Arrow. While a search range is limited to 50, the number of outputs are not limited. I don't have a lot of items in my cart, so I don't know of any limits other than you can only pay up to 10 different sellers at a time. I'm also inclined to believe you have a browser problem vs a HipStamp programing problem regarding the freeze.

HipStamp may be working on correcting the problem concerning the need to reset search parameters. Yesterday all expect the actual search number remained in place when I went from stamp to stamp. Today it's back to the stamp's search number remaining and needing to reset other parameters. Hopefully they can get to where both remain.
  • edited March 2022 0 LikesVote Down
    I use Chrome too. I think the behavior of the back arrow is unpredictable. Returns more often to two or three steps back rather than the last one. Seldom returns you to the exact place on the page where you were last. It is all the extra clicks, and clicks and clicks that on Hipstamp wears you down. (I mentioned elsewhere controls that should be sticky)
    Now I do have a lot of items in my cart, because when an items sells it shows as sold (in red too) and I know to go look for another one, while items in the want list just disappear, leaving no trail and making it a record keeping nightmare. Yes, I know you can find them with extra work, but it is impractical, because you no longer remember what to look for.

I am a great fan of the cart vs the want list. This is more so the case since I like to build the seller's purchase to over $10, or even $20 before executing a purchase. and the cart keeps a record of your total.

On the matter of number of outputs, you are wrong. Hipstamp limits the number of output, so often you will only see the first part of a search, if it encompasses too many items. But I can work around it by resetting my search range.
  • edited March 2022 0 LikesVote Down
    How are the number of outputs limited? What is the limit? How do you know you are only seeing the first part of a search? I just made a range search from US 595-645 which returned 22,475 listings which seems like a large number. If I do a search for just US .... 1,635,638 listings are returned.