Big screw up

So I’m showing off my latest acquisition to my wife and I noticed that my US#450 is perforated on the wrong sides. Fortunately it is a cheap problem to fix. But embarrassing as hell.

Comments

• 10 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Bob can you pay an image? Are you sure the perfs/edges are authentic?
  • Scott. No one would fake such a cheap stamp.
  • That is a bad assumption. I have many examples of faked 390s made from imperf coils which are valued under $5.
    My theory is, this is practice before moving on to something more valuable. When it comes to FW coils, never assume they are authentic no matter their value.
  • am i that dumb?? - if perf is vertical not horiz wouldn"t that be a #455??
  • My thought exactly. I just thought Bob was trying to be funny. Unless he was serious and purchased a misidentified stamp by accident which should tick him off.
  • Fakes in coils abound. I have fake versions of every coil from these issues.
    I get that he may have just interchanged a vertical coil fur a horizontal one, but I can't stress enough that all of these issues have fakes and even the cheapest have as manyfakes as there are authentic issues.
  • Yes. Folks I bought an incorrect stamp. Which does piss me off. But as I said it was a cheap problem to fix.
  • edited March 2022 1 LikesVote Down
    We've all been there. :)

And with this issue it doesn't help that what is a "Vertical Coil" and a "Horizontal Coil" to me seem counter-intuitive.
  • I guess it depends on one's intuition. "Vertical Coil" and "Horizontal Coil" are exactly what I intuit them to be. :smile:
  • I have seen this get mixed up SO much. I agree, they are as expected as well, but I've seen plenty of mistakes there, and I've even switched them around occasionally when I look at the perforated side and it is "vertical", while that makes the orientation of the coil horizonal...