Mail services through SFO and LAX - Any commentary from the US regarding this news

any commentary from the US would be appreciated please.
is it impacting your mails services? How long is this expected to go on for? - from a US point of view please.

Also, perhaps my geography is not that good :-) but surely many of these States get mail through New York? Thoughts please.
Thank you.

mail-to-US-advisory

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • It looks like all mail west of the Mississippi in the US is affected.
    I did find this:
    The United States Postal Service (USPS), would like to remind Union member countries and their designated operators to advise their office of exchange operational staff to cease sending dispatches of international mail to the USPS office of exchange located at San Francisco International Airport (airport code: SFO) by no later than 14 January 2022. After that date, the San Francisco office of exchange will no longer be able to accept such dispatches from airlines.

Alternative USPS office of exchange located are: Los Angeles, Chicago, New York or Miami (airport codes LAX, ORD, JFK or MIA respectively).

It looks like UPU members are each responsible for re-routing their mail to another Exchange location.
  • I'm in Tennessee, which is not on the list, but I recently recieved a letter from Australia after 3 months. Australia has had it's own problems recently, and I also suspect it was held up somewhere in the US. Even so, a more recent letter from New Zealand only took three weeks.