Another bogus stamp... GOOD GRIEF

Yeah, have fun getting this one removed:
https://www.hipstamp.com/listing/us-125-used/45552525

I've reported it. Can we get some support here?
There are only 16 copies of the 125 Used. This is the SECOND one of these that this seller has listed. If you want the site to be quality, you REALLY need to lead by example. Are you ASDA dealer, because this breaks even their rules...

Comments

• 62 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I agree. I'm certain they read these threads, I'm certain they know that the entry is bogus, and I'm certain they'll do it again next week. It's part of their business model.
  • edited April 12 0 LikesVote Down
    I’m not sure what’s up? Your link takes me to a listing for a 125. But it is from Rosenberg-Philatelics who run this site.
  • Bob- Bingo.
    It's NOT a used 125. There are 16 used 125's, all are documented. This is a bogus stamp, listed by some junior admin who doesn't know what they are doing... on top of which has no back image, no proof of it even being a 125 candidate, and has no cert. The used 125 is among one of the most sought after stamps.
    I'm not holding them to a higher standard: I'm holding them to the same standard that I hold myself, and any other credible dealer to.

@Mark Rosenberg please respond.
  • "Support" just advised me that they had "closed my ticket, and hope I was happy with the outcome". HELL NO I'M NOT HAPPY!
    ALL, please report this listing.
  • I'm a little confused. Scott, You seem like the perfect person to help me. A search for US number 389 yielded one result. If this entry is just a misentering of data, how can we rely on other listings from this seller? Especially other high ticket items. I noticed this has happened quite often. Also a number of items similar to the number 125 being discussed has shown up in the past. Very high ticket items starting with no reserve and no verification or certification and only one picture of the front
  • A short addendum. It seems that certain sellers must hold themselves to a higher standard of accountability - both in listings and in responses to comments and emails. Thanks
  • When I started collecting a bazillion years ago the first lesson I was given was if you can't absolutely prove it is the higher value stamp, it is the lower value stamp. The sad part is someone has already over bid the value of this stamp if it isn't a 125.
  • https://www.hipstamp.com/listing/us-389-mint-og-nh/45553660

United States 389 is 3 cent deep violet. I contacted the seller. I think this one may just be a typo in the listing number. Otherwise, I am forced to think incompetence.
  • Don is correct, this is a 410 (and even it's base value is already overbid, with a CV of about $13.
    The 8.5 coil stamps are rarely faked (but not never) because you have to fraudulently perf them.
    A 389 is a 3c Violet 12V perforated stamp, so not even close to this. It looks like an honest mistake. But the seller will still have to contact support to get the listing cancelled, as it has bids on it...
  • Seller and support share the same office lol
  • I have reported numerous 'honest mistakes' over the last year with no response. These are easy to figure out. What about those unverified Washington / Franklins with catalog values in the tens of thousands of dollars that are being auctioned based on a scan of the face only?
  • We've been catching most of them. And I've been able to get "Trust and Safety" to remove every Used 125 listing I've sent the thus far, save for this one. Sometimes we need a bit of a "group effort" to get bogus listing removed. The recent 544's took a little pushing, but we got them off finally.

Everyone makes a mistake once in a while. We always correct ours. But a 125 isn't a mistake. That's a deliberate listing. I think I'll write an article to detail how to identify those difficult to detect grills...
  • Scott, that would be a great idea. And also, how to correctly identify a grill. I know I could learn a lesson or two.

She says with an Easter smile.
  • Ok Luree, deal.
    I'm away at the moment, but when I get back next week, I'll write this up. Had been waiting to do this as part of my LBN series, but I can see it's usefulness now.
  • edited April 13 1 LikesVote Down
    Mark Rosenberg, why are you still listing this fake?

I've also reported this to admin and Mark's hipstamp email address.
  • Scott,

# 410 is a type A140. The photo is a type A138 which makes it a # 390
  • DOH!
    Yes, Bill, see, even I make mistakes. ><
    Clicked on the wrong 1c without looking at the image, though I remember feeling something funny about that... hahaha
  • edited April 13 1 LikesVote Down
    I sent messages to Rosenberg about the 2 listings.

I searched his Linkedin site and it says he belongs to the APS. He also advertises there.

He is also listed as a member of the NSDA.
  • People power. ✊
    Auction in 1st post: 'This auction was ended early by the Seller due to an issue with the listing, and was not sold.'
  • Good but the second one is still going.
  • DOH!
    Yes, Bill, see, even I make mistakes. ><
    Clicked on the wrong 1c without looking at the image, though I remember feeling something funny about that... hahaha
  • And it's gone!
    Finally, someone sensible got involved...
  • Scott,

LoL. It happens to the best of us but the bogus #389 is still going with a bid if $152.50 for a stamp that at the most is worth maybe $2.00.

That betrays the trust of this site and that is not a good thing.

The stamp community forum has a bunch of posts about the garbage that is showing up and selling on HipStamp.
  • edited April 14 0 LikesVote Down
    Ok Bill, working on this one now.
    Though you're being a bit hard on it... if it's an MNH stamp it has a CV of $10. ><

• Scott, I reported the 389 to the seller on Monday. I reported it to support this morning.
  • The 389 has been taken down
  • https://www.hipstamp.com/listing/1909-935-dollars-eagle-moon-mint-og-nh-egraded-xf-90-xxf/538778

Someone with more sense than me, please take a look at the certificate in this listing and help me sort out what the hell it is. Based on the path to the photo contained in the certificate, this appears to be software installed locally to the seller's computer. What good is a certificate when it is generated by the seller?
  • E-Grader software jibberish. You buy it and it does math on the stamp image. Centering, color, etc. Meaningless to me and does not connotate, insinuate, or determine any value of the item whatsoever. Just a math program.
  • EZGRADER is a software program that assigns a numerical grade to a stamp. It is not intended to validate the authenticity of a stamp.