Stamp Art

Comments

• How about a Loch Ness Monster. :smiley:
  • Are there many stamps with Nessy on them?
  • That is always the issue - need to have a good selection of the stamps to create a piece that has significant variety. I even ran into some problems with getting enough Teddy Roosevelts and Thomas Jefferson - surprisingly just not alot of those out there. However - I will investigate the Loch Ness Monster.
  • Koala might be cool. I will investigate - thanks.
  • Both Nessie and Koala are not doable - not enough stamps (Nessie - there were none! Whhaaattt?)

Here is my stamp art wall (with a closer shot of the Mt. Rushmore pics). Not the best since very difficult to take a good pic without the reflections on the frame glass. Anyway - you can get a sense.
    Any other ideas - send them on. Running out of room though!!
    Mark S.
    stamp wall1
    stamp wall2
  • Ok, you're a genius.
    Wow.
    If you ever want to sell Ben, let me know. I will buy him.
  • WOW. They are beautiful. Nicely displayed, too.
  • edited July 2022 0 LikesVote Down
    They look even better as a group!
    Edited to add: Ya know, you have the makings of a perfect cottage industry for this site. I'm sure plenty of us would be willing to buy some of your art (as would non-collecting spouses/friends looking for gifts for their collecting others, and Christmas is coming). Your signing each one would add to the appeal, especially if they were to be sold framed. List a couple here and see if you can't make a few sheckles...
  • I'd buy them.
  • Thanks for the kind words and great suggestions. Actually, I just opened a store on Hipstamps (named it Scheffler's Schtamps) in order to try and sell alot of the extra stamps I have. I am definitely a newbie at listing, etc. However, getting better.
    I think I might list one or two stamp art pics just to see what might happen.
    Thanks again. Stamp store
  • Awesome Michael. I love that one. Thanks. Now - can you find me about 30 more different ones?
    These are the Nessie stamps I seem to be able to find - they just won't work!! LOL

Loch Ness
  • Mark,

Look under Plesiosaur stamps. (Those seem to be the ones that would be the closest to what you are looking for.)

This one is a cinderella.

nessie 1

Here are some more that may work for you

nessie 2

nessie 3
  • Thanks Michael - I will check it out.
  • Scott - I just listed the Ben Franklin stamp art piece. I think you had mentioned interest. This is my first stamp art listing in my new store. Here is the link.
    https://www.hipstamp.com/listing/original-stamp-art-benjamin-franklin-bust-filled-with-over-40-franklin-stamps/47498790
  • FYI - pricing is based on what I paid for the stamps which I never have in my limited inventory (including the postage I had to pay), wooden frame (about $15), materials (usually minor) and 15-20% margin. Each piece will therefore have a different price. Postage is probably the part that I need to investigate further. I am using the calculated price right now - but there might be a lower flat price I could post since all the packages should be about the same size for a single picture (either 8x10 or 11x14 frames).
    So -- I will test the market on this one and then go from there. Any comments - let me know.
  • Hi Mark,
    I tried to buy it but it says you don't ship to Japan.
    Any chance?
  • Thanks alot and Sorry about that. I will definitely ship overseas but - once again my shipping inexperience strikes again. I just did not look at the international shipping. Can you suggest the best way to ship (USPS, UPS, ect) and I will add that as a flat rate? Thoughts?
  • I just found that I can ship to Japan via USPS for $15 (if under 4lbs). So I will add a flat shipping rate to the listing for international. Thanks again.
  • OK - finally. I have changed the postage to only accept Japan - with a flat rate of $15. So unless someone else in Japan buys it before you do - it is all yours! Let me know.
    Thanks alot.
  • Thanks Mark, brilliant!
  • I could not resist using the latest USPS Pony Car stamps - here is draft stamp art piece with the Classic mustang silhouette along with all the symbols of the Pony cars used in the stamp sheet. Took 2 sheets to fill in everything.
    I was about 5 or 6 years old when the first Mustang came out. But I do remember a neighbor of ours came home with one a few years later and the whole neighborhood was over there checking it out right away. Very nice!
    Anyway - some of you might be pony car fans. I hope you enjoy this one! Any suggested improvements - let me know.
    Happy Labor Day weekend!
    Pony Car - stamp art
  • Love it!! Thanks for sharing and for raising so many happy memories.
  • That turned out wonderfully. Yes, I do remember all the ponies. When the 'stang first came out, my dad got one. It was totally awesome.
  • Mine was a Dodge Charger with Cragar S/S mags, 60's in the back and 70's up front, and Doug Thorley side pipes. Great job! Brought back all sorts of memories!
  • Mine was a Firebird with a 400. Holley double pumper. Loud and fast. Loved it. It got 8 MPG.
  • Not a pony car, but it was mine. '71 Cutlass convertible. 0-40 by the other side of the stop light. And I was a bad boy...
  • Wow! Did not know we had so many old time gearheads in the lot! All of those cars were great - especially if you owned one. Have a great Labor Day.
  • 70 Cougar (non-XR7), yellow with black ragtop, 351 Windsor. So, nothing exciting for car enthusiasts, but I sure loved it.

(Not mine)
    C7B7DF63-28D9-4FE0-A4EE-880F4F94E47D
  • Funny that...I was rolling in a 1971 Cougar XR7 back in the day. Black orange peel Krylon paint job with plenty of Bondo. 351 Cleveland block, Holley double pumpers. Kelley Springfield Super Chargers. Cheap tires that would melt on contact with the Houston roads but more likely because of the burnouts. But at $20 bucks a pop, I could afford to keep tires on the dang thing. Melted several Back in Black 8-tracks in it over the years. A little Flirtin' With Disaster (Molly Hatchet) and of course Rush and Queen.

That dang ragtop is HOT. Where can I buy it!!!!!! Was it at Mecom recently?