What kind of logic is this?

edited May 2022 in Chatter 4 LikesVote Down
The member who has the Star Spangled Banner Booklet of 20 Forever Stamps posted as a Giveaway valued at $40 has the same item listed for sale at $14.99 or best offer with free shipping. This certainly does not help his credibility. --- Not the kind of dealer I want to do business with. What was he thinking?

Comments

• 9 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Maybe he forgot to remove from his selling list. Can you message him to let him know?
  • It’s not a question of removing it from his selling list, he’s probably got multiples. The point is, you cannot claim a retail value of $40 for a giveaway item you yourself are selling for $14 retail. Giveaway items must have an actual reasonable retail value of at least $25.
  • got it. Why don't you contact him?
  • This does lead me to a related question of a different nature. For modern unused stamps, why would the retail value of said stamps be anything more than face value? I'm not directing this at this particular give away, I have seen several occurrences of list price of modern stamps over face value and wonder about it every time. Is it a 'what the market will bear' thing?
  • It’s for the same reason that the water that comes out of the faucet isn’t free. There is a cost of sales and marketing that has to be made up.
  • 2022 Scott for a 4855a is $22.00 (odd plate numbers notwithstanding). Face value for this forever booklet is $11.60 (still valid for postage). Hard to see that this could meet a threshold of a minimum of $20 retail value. Why would anyone pay $40 for $11.80 in postage?
  • edited May 2022 1 LikesVote Down
    This "seller's store has a flag on it that says it is not currently active. Hmmmmm....

How is an inactive store able to list a giveaway anyway?

Nadar111 is the handle and what little feedback he has reflects a bunch of 2019 coils of 100 sold. More HMMMMMM>>>

If it smells like a fish...it's probably a (take a guess).
  • . . . Bentley's breath?
  • Well.....yes, I suppose you are correct. Or what's left of one.