A Minor Gripe

Are all of you dealers aware that you can mark an order as shipped on your end so that a shipped icon appears on the customers end? In my experience, about a third of the dealers I have had business with don't do that. It would be nice....

Comments

• 30 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Every...single....time.....
  • I'm surprised they don't. That is my way of keeping track of what is shipped. First I provide feedback, then I mark the order as shipped. As a side note, many buyers apparently don't pay any attention to this icon. At least weekly, I receive a message asking if their order has been shipped. I respond by advising them that according to their feedback from me the item was shipped on ...
  • I always do that! It doesn't take much effort on the seller's part. A buyer in Calif told me that he does not look at that, nor does he look at his feedback, which I do not believe. Then he tells me where is the tracking number as he proceeds to tell me he did not get the $50 order. Just another feebay comment to get an order for free!

https://www.hipstamp.com/store/wilton-philatelics
  • Always take the time- it's just good business.
  • I agree, that is how we know what has been shipped. We also keep a manual report on the date shipped and the postage cost.
  • Always do and have been doing that for over 25 years no matter what we have been on.
  • And it has happened again. I placed an order on August 3 with a dealer who has not used the item-shipped icon, and I'm still waiting. I have placed and recieved 4 orders with different dealers since then, and I'm still waiting. This was a decent sized order, $25+, and I am still waiting.
    I have checked some of his live feedback against dates purchased and 20 day delivery dates seem usual. Perhaps this is a generalization, but this has happened with other dealers that don't use the icon. Hmmm...
    I'm not gonna tell you guys how to do your jobs, I'll just move on.

• The easiest thing anyone can do is when you have a seller who does not do the proper thing is leave a message that anyone will see in the feedback you leave.
  • Does anyone look at feedback now that the seller receives an automatic positive?
  • And after a few days normal business, my feedback would be buried on page 2, 3, 4. But I need to get the stamps first. We will burn that next bridge when we get to it.
  • Ah, he changed the icon today! Joy is in the mail.
  • Always done here as well!

Marked as Shipped 1st, Leave Feedback 2nd.
  • Well. I've learned today that I have recieved a refund for one of the items I ordered. Thing is, that was the reason I ordered from this gentleman. The other items were just fluff that I could have ordered from several dealers at similar prices.

I can deal with sending appropriate feedback, don't send suggestions. The reason I've made this effort is to encourage the many dealers that visit here without posting to improve their own performance. Let's face the facts. I waited three weeks for this dealer to post my order. I finally discover that the one set I really wanted cannot be found.

Like I said before, I ain't gonna tell you folks how to do your business. I'll just move on, good bye....

• Please don't completely move on. There are some really good dealers in this marketplace as well as great and knowledgeable customers like yourself. But that is certainly not a good experience.
  • Oh, Greg, no. I meant I will move on from that experience and that dealer. No, no. I'd not soon give up pestering the rest of you! This is often the high point of my day, but these days it don't take much to keep me happy....
  • Had me worried there for a second......
  • Always and I also send a Email confirming the shipment and suggesting to leave a feedback so I can estimate shipping times to different areas. Hopefully decreasing the automatic feedbacks. Which results in a question like "Where do we leave feedback?" followed with a "I've quit leaving feedbacks, too complicated!"
    Phil, your missing set. Yesterday I filled an order of 12 items and for an unkwnwn reason 3 sets, yes 3 sets were sold previously! I still don't understand why or how this happened. I ALWAYS double check my stock after a sale is made just in case a duplicate listing went unnoticed and all my scans are numbered and when its gone, its gone! To make things even more incomprehensible the 3 sets were all from the same country which I usually have only one set of each.
  • Jacques, your point is well taken. Managing several thousand entries must be just like herding cats. Last decade I had a plastic model shop, and it was a chore keeping floor sales and online sales reconciled. Just, in this case, I was disappointed for a moment. I'm over it now. All smiles...
  • edited August 2022 0 LikesVote Down
    A minor gripe.

A tale of two stamps.
    Both stamps I was notified when they were shipped.

I purchased a stamp from Mr Payton in Japan on Aug 8.(Aug 7th ?)
    Received today. Was caught in the machinery and probably delayed.
    Across the ocean to Seattle, two weeks no worries.
    I'm waiting on a stamp from California, two weeks or more is normal for this dealer.

Then there's this stamp.
    Purchased Aug 12th.
    Sent from Detroit by USPS in a Ebay tracked package.
    The stamp is still in Memphis.
    Why did it have to go to Memphis.
    Annoying as heck.

Aug 26, 2022
    5:48pm
    PROCESSED THROUGH USPS FACILITY
    MEMPHIS TN DISTRIBUTION CENTER, 38118

Aug 20, 2022
    1:27am
    DETROIT MI NETWORK DISTRIBUTION, 48101

Aug 19, 2022
    9:02pm

Aug 16, 2022
    9:18pm

Aug 16, 2022
    5:03pm
    DEPART POST OFFICE
    BERKLEY, MI 48072

Aug 16, 2022
    2:39pm
    USPS IN POSSESSION OF ITEM
    BERKLEY, MI 48072

Aug 16, 2022
    12:28pm
    Tracking number provided

Yesterday I received two items sent USPS first class came in five days from purchase.

I have had better luck with first class, and it's cheaper.
  • As for my little saga, my stamps (minus the refunded set) finally arrived August 23, or 19 days after my paid invoice. Ten days is more usual for most orders, with some arriving sooner. Bottom line net-net, this month I have discovered a dealer that responds quickly, with deliveries in 4 days, and another that responds slowly, with deliveries in 19 days. Well, say no more....
  • Maybe it was Memphis.....
  • Hey, I was lost in Memphis for a week once. It happens...
  • I was lost in Champaign Illinois once but there was a good reason for it. I just don't remember what the reason was.
  • I remember the reason. You thought you were in Memphis.
  • Maybe it really WAS Memphis!!!
  • Alan, All mail in and out of Wyoming goes through Denver. Who knows why they do what they do, wacka do, wacka do
  • I received that package from Detroit yesterday.
    I find it mildly amusing that a package coming from Japan arrives faster than a domestic package.