This and That

This is the second time today that I am attempting to send this discussion out for comment. Tried earlier today after it was nearly completed when my HipStamp Forums page completely locked up. Ended up losing my message after spending some time typing and proofing. This site is getting squirrelly.

I had received an order a couple of days ago for 130 items. I sent the order off this morning. When I returned from the post office I left my feedback for the buyer (thanks for your purchases and date it was mailed off) and also marked as shipped and included the tracking number. I had previously noted in "Members Area" that I needed to leave feedback for 260 items. The problem was that this 130 item order was my only open order at the time. When I had left my feedback I noted that the buyer's feedback total had increased by 260 and not the 130 for the actual number of items that he had ordered. As noted earlier, this site is getting funkier by the day.

I just received a direct message from a buyer who had recently placed an order. Based upon his feedback, he had recently received the order as he had left positive feedback. In his direct message he said that although he had received the order, one side of the photo-mailer had been slit open and the entire contents had been soaked in water. I had shipped in a photo-mailer to ensure that the order did not pass through the sorting equipment (paid the extra fee for non-machineable envelope) and to give it additional protection from damage. This did not work in this case. The buyer stated that he did not blame me as he could see that his order had been well packaged but that he was very frustrated that the mint stamps (only part of the order) had been ruined. For my part, I can't see any way that a photo-mailer could be sliced open in that manner without intent, with the water immersion then icing on the cake.

In the last couple of years I have had about one shipment a year that has received water damage. I have not placed the stamps in a water-proof plastic bag up until now, but am now giving serious consideration to do so. I have seen this discussion come up before and am asking for advice on the best source for such packaging materials.

Comments