Extra postage charges after payment made by buyer

Good day,
Is there is a way for the buyer to pay for extra postage charges after making the first payment via Paypal?
Currently I had to cancel orders due to insufficient shipping costs paid.

I would appreciate your feedback.
Regards

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • As the seller, your listings need to reflect your correct shipping charge. You should not be cancelling orders because the amount paid is insufficient. You are responsible for making up any deficit. You can update your charges to your current listings. The buyer expects you to ship the order at the price specified in the listing. HipStamp also expects you to honor the sale and ship the stamps ordered.
  • Your chart (interesting by the way) shows that items ship free with a second item which means that you are entitled to the most expensive shipping cost per order. Generally works OK but if you have two heavy items in one order it creates a problem....hopefully one of the other non US dealers can suggest a work around.
  • edited September 2022 0 LikesVote Down
    Hali,
    I am sympathetic regarding your problem, but the other members are absolutely correct: You must ship the order at the price computed by HipStamp. Cancelling orders because you goofed on the postage charges is not a valid option.
    I assume you have mastered the art of setting P&H for an item if shipped as a one-of-item (e.g., calculate the actual postage based on weight & size then add an appropriate handling fee to cover packaging & perhaps some of the fees associated with the sale). I ship only within the USA and most of my lots currently ship for $1.50 for the first lot and $.00 every 1st additional item because they weigh less than an ounce and can ship in a standard envelope. To avoid the problem you are having I never leave the price to ship every 1st additional item at $.00 when selling heavy or oversized items. I determine what the incremental cost for shipping the item would be if combined with an item that had the same or higher shipping cost.
    For example, if the packaged item weighs 3 ounces but must be shipped in a large non-rigid envelope vs a standard
    envelope, the postage cost alone will be $1.68 if it shipped within the USA. My base P&H has to be higher than this.
    The incremental cost per ounce for First Class postage is 24 cents per ounce up to 13 ounces. Thus, a reasonable cost for the 1st additional item would be 72 cents just to cover the 3 ounces of extra postage needed when shipped with another item with the same or higher base P&H. Add to this $.72 amount if necessary consistent with whatever logic you used to determine your base price to ship the item. Apply the same logic to the incremental cost of First Class packages, Media Mail, Priority Mail and overseas items and you should do OK.