How can I force a listing to show up in Asia::Malaysia::Malaya - Perak?

I'm getting ready to transition my bulk uploading from the bidStart format to the HipStamp format. I'm currently looking at the country categories, and I'm stumped by something.

Category ID #91 is listed as Asia:Malaysia. I'm good with that. When I look at actual listings that others have put out there, though, I see that there are sub-categories under Asia::Malaysia ... currently it shows "Malaya - Perak" and "Straits Settlements".

I don't see anywhere in the Bulk Upload field listing where we can include sub-categories. Are those just remnants carries over from bidStart or eBay, and won't be replicated in HipStamp? Is this something that is only available if I use the "magic category" 0?

Can someone help me understand how I might be able to use those sub-categories when uploading, and provide a full(er) listing of what sub-categories are available?

Thanks for anyone's help with this.

Rob

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Sub-Categories are based on the "Country" field. You can either enter this in explicitly (see the Bulk Lister > Fields page for more information), or if you simply include it in your item's title, such as:

Malaya - Perak #50 Used

We'll automatically detect the Country for you, and assign it to the "Country" field of your listing, which is what's used to display to the buyer as the Sub-Category.
  • Are you referencing "country" or "item_specifics_01_country" as the source for sub-category?

The help for "item_specifics_01_country" under Bulk Lister > Fields doesn't indicate that there is a specific listing of acceptable countries (where the field "country" references the Bulk Lister > Locations tab for allowable entries). Can you confirm that we are free to list whatever we think is appropriate for "item_specifics_01_country"?

Thanks
  • Yes, "Country" (as displayed to buyers) is "item_specifics_01_country".

There's no fixed values for "Country", but the Country needs to be spelled correctly (we accept common abbreviations and variants as well). In this specific case either "Malaya - Perak", "Malaya Perak", "Malaya (Perak)", or "Perak" would work.
  • Great. That's what I was hoping for.

Thanks