Big news from the IPDA!!!

edited September 2022 in Chatter 0 LikesVote Down
After our recent Internet Philatelic Dealers Association (IPDA) Directors meeting, the topic of providing our most recent newsletter to the general public was discussed and approved. Previously, newsletters were only available to current members but it was decided that there is a value to providing the current newsletters to everyone in hopes that not only it will provide some world-class philatelic content but also aid current and aspiring dealers with their endeavours. For example, I am told that our own Scott Payton has a great article coming up in the October issue (Thanks Scott!) Current IPDA member and a splendid dealer and philatelic historian, John Griffiths, has a great examination of the Theresienstadt Ghetto before and during WWII. Thank you, John and well done!

I am very pleased to now provide the following link to said current newsletter and going forward, as new ones become available, I will post here with the current link. Please take a few minutes out of your day and check it out. I hope you all enjoy the content and for those of you considering applying for membership, I'll provide a link to our site so you can review membership requirements along with our selling and listing guidelines.

https://www.ipdastamps.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/Newsletter-SEP-2022.pdf
https://www.ipdastamps.com/

Comments

• 11 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • This is brilliant news Greg!
    Are there other avenues that the newsletter is being promoted? Any other sites?
    Anything we IPDA members can do to help disseminate it?
    Also, are previous news letters going to be made available, or just those going forward?
  • Hope this answers those good questions: We have an Archives for Members only. We think it is in the members interest that way as they pay membership.

Other avenues for promotion, well we have had and still have adverts in some stamp magazines / club journals, ...we also do Twitter and FB and I have done Instagram on occasions in the past. Now here is the thing.. we need and have been trying to find a volunteer to take on the advertising and marketing role :-) drop me a line if you can take this on Scott Michael General Secretary

PS the next issue ( out soon) of the Newsletter has I have to say and agree with Greg a brilliant piece from Scott.. and it is the first of a series of 7 pieces.
  • when do we get the latest news letter sent to our email?? thanks..Lee the Chairman of the the IPDA...
  • Thank You Greg for posting this. I am impresssed with what I consider a FIRST CLASS Presentation. I really enjoyed the Article by John Griffiths, the Theresienstadt Ghetto before and during WWII. He spoke of The Białystok children. I collect this area..please allow me to share a couple of Covers. Keep Up the Excellent work....1934 & 1952 Dan B-1
    B@
  • edited September 2022 0 LikesVote Down
    And, might I add, anybody, whether an IPDA member or not, is invited to submit an article to be published -- an educational piece, a humorous bit, a blog article, observations from a customer's perspective -- anything is welcome.
  • Tony James did a nice article on the Theresienstadt ghetto currency.

http://tonyjamesnoteworld.biz/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Theresienstadt_2.pdf

I have one of the 20k bills I acquired incidental to an old German stamp album. This was in it along with a bunch of German Notgeld.

• Now that a good number folks have had an opportunity to read the September IPDA newsletter, I am interested in hearing about any questions or comments you may have. Suggestions for improvement, ideas for new topics, anyone who an interest in contributing content. You are, of course, always welcome to contact me via PM through HipStamp as well.

I can also report to you that the October issue will be released in fairly short order.

Thank you all for your interest in the IPDA!

Greg
  • Well , I’ve bought the camera , starting segregating items for sale and am now thinking about opening my first “ store “… just need time , since I’m still far more busy than I planned to be before the pandemic …
  • Rene, feel free to reach out if there is anything we can help you with.
  • Rene, will you sell internationally (or at least to Japan?) :)
  • Thank you so much Greg and Scott...I definitely will reach out for advice. I think to start slow. Don't know about international yet. And, you now, like most of you, I'm doing this for fun. I enjoy this great hobby. And I'm a consumate rule follower, so I plan to join IDPA. It is upsetting to see the shill bidders and such.