Certificates

If PSE issues a certificate for a block of 4 then the block is separated into singles, does the certificate still apply to the singles? Doesn't seem right to me.

https://www.hipstamp.com/listing/us-35-mint-single-with-pf-certcopy/48700473

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I think not - how can one say that single stamp is from said certificate block- good luck on that working once forgetting the need of 4x -and i want original not copy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Its fairly common for auction house descriptions to include something along the lines of 'includes photocopy of block from which stamp was taken.' Although in many cases the stamp can be ID'd this way, you'll also note most certifiers stress that only original certs, and not copies, are valid. The copies can be useful to the next expertizers and for provenance, but the bottom line is, a new cert for the single is the only way to go.
  • It applies ONLY when the original cert is provided with the single. So this will only be true for ONE of the block/pair that it is associated with. If you send the single and the cert back to PSE, they will issue a new cert for the single for $15 (or at least they used to, haven't tried this in a long time). Same for PF, and PSAG.
  • That certificate is also thirty-four years old.
    Is there an expiration date ?