Stamp Certificate Question

I have bought many U.S. stamps with a certificate but I have never bought a stamp and then sent it to someone for certification. My first attempt was with APEX after buying a stamp from the APS store. Other than having to wait 4 months for the certificate - I thought the process was pretty convenient and painless. However, when I received the certificate and the stamp - the picture on the certificate was much darker than the stamp (all blue) while the stamp shows white on the outer edges. So - my question is - should I have any concerns about this certificate not portraying the look of the stamp accurately - or am I being too picky here. One day I may want to sell this stamp and don't want the certificate to be in question. Thoughts? See picture comparison below.

US Certificate stamp

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Was your image of the stamp scanned? Sometimes scanned stamps appear whiter due to the light passing thru them during scanning. You may simply be dealing with the difference between a camera and a scan image here.
    I think someone would be hard pressed to say the two weren't the same stamp. By the positioning of the target killer and all its inking nuances, along with the perforations and all their nuances, the centering...clearly one and the same. I myself wouldn't worry about it.
  • The picture above is scanned. The stamp picture is pretty accurate - definitely a white background. Thanks so much for the input.
  • I wouldn't worry about it...they seem to be the same
  • No, there is no issue with the cert in this case, as Rene mentions. The image on the cert is meant to make it obvious that it is the same item (so the importance is about condition, position of image centering, perf conditions, etc. But color is NOT a factor. In older certs, many are even in black and white (because color printers were not robust enough, or even non-existent when the cert was created).
    You can't guarantee the color match of a photo/scan, let alone a print via laser or inkjet. So this is quite common.

• But the original stamp shows none of that embossing visible in the lower right corner of the stamp shown on the cert. :wink:
  • Lol Ted , LOL !
  • Just saw your note Ted. Pretty funny!! Thanks for the laugh!