Wild idea

edited November 2022 in Chatter 1 LikesVote Down
Ok, here's a wild idea. I have enjoyed hearing the pithy, one liners from all you stamp collecting mavens. OK, shoot this down, but how about a HipStamp Forum meet and greet Holiday Zoom Party where we all say hello in person? I would love to see famous Scott P from Japan, George, Greg, Ted, Beaver, Robert, Phil, Richard, Bob, Bill, Luree, Doug, Wally,Joe, Harry, Ron, anyone!! and maybe we can get Lenke to show up....AND there are SO many others out there .... one hour max, do a topic from someone, light, social, free. BYOB, cats welcome

Comments

• 41 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Sorry, been VERY busy with the day job, but the date will be announced soon, R
  • Here's my two cents, which now a days is worth about $20, Rene, I nominate you for the moderator for this meeting.
    For us not so techy computer wizards a step-by-step process for downloading the zoom app would be appreciated. Or maybe some way to do a pre-meeting so I don't look like a real azzhat when the time comes.
    Next, how would we vote on a date/time and how would the attendees be invited?
    Finally, what would the topic be about? Just getting together and chatting means chaos on the computer with everybody trying to talk over each other on different subjects.
    Not being a Debby Downer but to be successful some kind of organization should be in order.
    Love the idea, just some of the details need to be brought together.
  • Ya know, I always thought he looked like a bad magician....
  • Here’s what you’ve been waiting for—the first un-official Hipstamp Holiday Zoom gathering not sponsored by Hipstamp! Join us for an hour, where we will actually put faces to names of the notorious characters that we have all been talking to…

We will hear from the illustrious maven of ALL things Washington-Franklins, the Professor of perforations, the Guru of gauges, the Phenomenal Scott Payton as he gives a brief talk on his unraveling the mystery of that confounding, evil series created to wreak havoc on US philatelists.

And we will hear from that famed internet philatelic celebrity, the darling of internet Stamp Hosts, the King of kiloware! Ted (Tyszka) the Talking Stamp Collector as he prognosticates on the future of our hobby.

Topic: The first unofficial HipStamp Holiday Gathering
    Time: Dec 4, 2022 03:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
    https://us04web.zoom.us/j/73518918306?pwd=acAb8Jg0b197AxE1aJUlQsR2JbSwI8.1

Meeting ID: 735 1891 8306
    Passcode: 356118
    One tap mobile
    +33186995831,,73518918306#,,,,*356118# France
    +33170372246,,73518918306#,,,,*356118# France

Dial by your location
    +33 1 8699 5831 France
    +33 1 7037 2246 France
    +33 1 7037 9729 France
    +33 1 7095 0103 France
    +33 1 7095 0350 France
    Meeting ID: 735 1891 8306
    Passcode: 356118
    Find your local number: https://us04web.zoom.us/u/fdgoOtUpTM

• I will be fishing that day.
  • Well that's pretty negative there John, since no one has picked a day yet...
  • You have Zoom, Bill...you just don't know it...it's a free app.
  • Some way for us to agree or you set the date and time. And yes a platform and a mini program. What would be a subject choice. Maybe a way to set up a poll? With the above questions? We need to activate the KISS system.
  • I will do that . Keeping the idea simple , a weekend day in Dec . Hold on for details .
  • Greg D , email me at rstamps@charter.net . All Zoom is easy , when you get the URL , download the Ap . Rest is simple .
    More detail on the first “Hipstamp Holiday Zoom Forum party NOT sponsored by Hipstamp “
  • These good old boys will be drinkin' whiskey and rye.
  • Yes, sir, Officer Obie, I cannot tell a lie.
    I put that envelope under that garbage.
  • I'm in if it can be arranged. That could get out of control in a hurry!!! LOL!
  • Ted can sing, he actually is a pretty good singer... get out of control, YES, neighbors may call the cops for sure...
  • A splendid idea !
  • I'm in.
    Just try not to make it between 5am and 7am for me. Those are my sleep hours.
  • I’m in, tra-la-la.
  • Just FYI that's 4pm - 6pm EST that are bad for me.
    Rene, are you going to be the organizer?
    One alternative to Zoom might also be Google Meet, which does NOT require email addresses, just a posted link. And you don't have to have a Google account either, just the browser plugin.
  • Years ago the IPDA used to do that. It was a lot of fun and really nice to meet people. Of course this was before zoom and the likes but the chat room facility worked fine, just without image of the person. Philately is also about the people isn't it. Nice idea
  • Rene,

That would be nice but I do not have Zoom.
  • Scott....I must have been delusional. I'm in, but only if my dogs, Rudy and Finn, can join us.
  • Ok , let me run with this a little further … dates , platform and mini program ?
  • Well, since it was Rene's idea, I nominate him to pick a date and time, and see if we call all (or mostly) be there?
  • Perhaps we should call it the "Unauthorized Hipstamp Holiday Zoom Forum Party" It sounds so much more like we're breaking the rules. :)
  • Holiday Interdicted Party, or...HIP...
  • edited November 2022 0 LikesVote Down
    George will passing out virtual Fog Cutters. Or maybe he'll just be passing out. LOL!
  • I thought I was the designated passerouter?
  • edited November 2022 0 LikesVote Down
    Well, ok. As long as my body let's me. Herself uses zoom often for office meetings, so just let me know what I need to tell her. And I'll be there with a real Fog Cutter, or maybe a couple.

As for a name, how about "Revolutionary Council?" You know,
    Lenin read a book on Marx...
  • Maybe we can get Ted to sing American Pie for us!!!!! I hear he is quite the great troubadour.