Next best thing to automatic signatures with store links.

Until we can set up signatures for our forum posts, here is an easy workaround:

Download a free program called SoftKeys Lite (It's free; not a trial. You are simply limited to 10 macros.): http://shortkeys-lite.en.softonic.com/

This is a macro recorder you can use to save frequently used text, which you can then insert with a couple of keystrokes. For example, I can insert my name and store link simply by typing [SHIFT]## followed by SIG, and I get this:

Ted
https://www.hipstamp.com/store/tatyszka-stamps

Try it; you'll like it. :)

Comments

• 14 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Personally, I would rather just have the link available from my profile for anyone who wants to look it up. I just think its simply advertising seeing it all the time on posts, cluttering up posts, a bit like junk mail.
  • A link from our profile page would be fine, too. But that is not available, either. Several times already, I have wanted to go to a members store from the forum, but you can't get there from here, and if you don't know the store name, you can't get there from there either.

Ted
    (this space intentionally left blank so as not to offend anybody)
  • If signatures become available, then having the option to turn them off from our profile would keep grumps like me happy.
  • edited September 2016 0 LikesVote Down
    Please don't piss off Rod. You don't want to see or hear from him when he's GRUMPY

Good Evening Old Friend
  • G'day John. I do know how to raise the temperature sometimes. :blush:
  • I do like the idea of a signature line. Have asked for it to be in place. However, I do understand what Rod is saying with having to look at the same line all the time.

So, I tried something. I clicked on our little circle and it came up to our profile and there was our store information. I didn't know we could do that. May have been able to do that at BS, never tried it, don't know. Try it, click on my little Peace Frog. Did you see my store information?

Maybe this could be a work around until Mark or Justin comes up with something other idea?

Now, we just need to get the word out about this little hidden feature. smiley face, winky face, I miss the icons/emoji's.
  • Alright, never mind the above statement. I didn't see the link to my store, I tried it on Ted and I saw his store link, but nobody else's. So Ted, what did you do to have me see your store link? This could be the answer we are looking for.
  • While clicking on your little Peace Frog circle takes us to your profile page to see him in all his wildly colorful glory, I don't see any information there about your store or how to get to it. Sorry.
  • Dave buddy, it's very early in the morning for you? Want a cup of coffee?

I was just cruising around my profile and don't know how to add the store link there. Still working on it.

Peace Frog may be changing to something Halloween-ish pretty soon. But he'll always come back.
  • Heh heh - I'm on my second cup already! Got a cachet to finish before I go to SESCAL tomorrow, but thanks for offering! :smiley:

Holiday Avatars! Nice idea!
  • I know your cachet will be fantastic! Good Luck. Are you going to be selling any over here?
  • edited September 2016 0 LikesVote Down
    Luree, on your profile, you can type your store link into the Activity box.
  • Right. I wrote a message to myself. LOL

Ted
    https://www.hipstamp.com/store/tatyszka-stamps
    (This space intentionally filled in to annoy Rod.)
  • I started that then changed my mind! I'll do that again. Thanks. At least there is a link showing for our customers, and not hounding Rod with "clutter". Love you Rod!