Stamp collection.

I have owner my color for 30+ years I am just know identifying my stamps I have several of the Washington stamps here are a couple MNh

Comments

• 10 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Shawn,
    Do you have a Scott Specialized catalog for US Stamps?
    If you don't I highly recommend that you get one, as it will help quite a lot in identifying your collection. There are some very tricky stamps in certain era as well (Like Franklin-Washington, and Large Banknote Era), that you'll need this book for. It's available digitally now as well, if you don't have a copy of the printed catalog.

That said, what you have here is not considered part of the Franklin-Washington era (which is from 1908 to 1923 and stars with Scott #331 and ends with Scott #547). While there are a few (very few) other designs used in this era, those stamps are not included in the Franklin-Washington group.

So, what do you have here? First, I'd like to say, great scan, and great job getting the level of detail, and a front and back image. So useful.

This stamp is design type A157, of which there are two types Type I and Type II. This is a type one. It's a coil stamp (Perforated only on opposite sides), it is a Type I, which makes it a 599. You can't call this stamp "MNH" because it has some gum disturbance in the bottom, central perforation (probably a water droplet, or sweat from handling by hand somewhere in it's lifetime). CV for this stamp is .35c for OG (.70c if MNH).
  • It’s so pretty.
  • I was going to accuse Scott of being a "know it all", but I guess that's kinda obvious.
  • I don't know it all, far from it even.
    I just know where to look.
  • LOL, but Scott you actually possess a profound fund of knowledge. as we say in medical circles when evaluating students... and you are correct mostly ...thus no humility needed brother!
  • That is apparent, What's better is your constant sharing.
  • Great job and again thanks