Limitation on number of items allowed to be checked out

I sell plate blocks by number and position. So for a particular Scott # I might have 100 plates for sale. The customer checks out the total that they want of that particular issue and then send me a Hip Message with the specific plate#'s and positions desired.

Twice in the last couple of days a customer was looking to checkout 30 and 25 of a particular Scott # where I had the quantity offered north of 100. Hip checkout limited the purchase amount to 20. Anybody else running into this problem? Anyone from Hip support care to chime in?

Bob

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Send an email to support@hipecommerce.com . Their support staff might monitor the forum (maybe), but they will rarely if ever chime in here to address specific issues.
  • I am with you Bob....

I also sell large quantities of stamps.
    For a particular Stamp I may have 140 for sale.
    A lot of customers would like to buy 30, 40, or 60 of the same stamp.
    Unfortunately HipStamp limits the Quantity a person can check out with at 20.
    Customers must make multiple orders of 20 to get their desired amount.
    Customers and I don't understand the Quantity limitation of 20 for each stamp.
    Please remove this barrier for my customers

On the costing end:
    I offer flat rate shipping of $1.50 no matter how many stamps someone buys.
    If a customer wants 80 stamps, that's 4 orders.
    I have to refund $1.50 x 3. 
    But the worst part is I have to pay PayPal the fees for 4 orders regardless if I refunded $4.50.

It's a lose lose situation.
    Customer has to unnecessarily create multiple orders and the seller is out the fees required by PayPal.

Chris

This was sent to support@HipEcommerce.com
    The 20 Stamp barrier seems arbitrary
  • I wonder if your customer was on the buy now pay later program if they could purchase those 40 - 60 - 80 stamps. That would be buy 20 at a time for different days. Might be a work around, if that would be an option for you.
  • Another workaround is to limit your quantities available to 20 per listing. So, if you currently have a listing with 60 available, make 2 "List Similar" listings and change the quantities of all 3 listings to 20 each.