Price Check

I hate to be a bother, but I need a couple of fairly recent catalog values. Please check for me Switzerland B130 used, B131 used, and B143 MNH. My volume 6 dates from 2000 and I cannot find CVs that I trust in the dealer listings. Thank you all.

Comments

• 12 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • B130 - $60.00
    B131 - $52.50
    B143 - $225.00

Catalogue - 2021
  • Greg

Best I can do is a 2013 Scott. Kinda old, but here you go:

B130,....Souvenir sheet of 12....$37.50/$60, Single stamp ..$ 1.10/$3.75
    NH...$77.50
    B131...$42.50/$52.50
    B143... $200 MNH

OOPs!...Jeri beat me to it LOL.
  • edited February 2023 0 LikesVote Down
    Thanks so much, Jeri. Have a good afternoon.
  • John, thanks as well, but I think I like Jeri's values better.:)
  • You're welcome. It wasn't hard - was working with that catalogue on Seychelles. Boy, I haven't had s youd afternoon in a long time - cant wait. :)
  • Shoot - I wanted to see what a s youd afternoon was all about. Now you took it back!
  • For those who missed it, "s youd" was my first take on "a good." I gotta get a new phone.....
  • I'm not very good messaging/typing with my phone so I certainly understand. The problem for me is not the phone - it's ME!
  • Love ya, Jeri! <3 Always!
  • Phil. checked the 2023 catalogue and prices are the same.
  • edited February 2023 1 LikesVote Down
    You trust Scott catalogue values over current dealer prices?

You do realize that the Scott catalogue values that are updated are decided a year to two years before the publication of the catalogues each year. Plus, most catalogue values are not reviewed and updated by Scotts for years. So, when that catalogue states it is the 2024 edition, like it will starting in April of this year (2023), The values published in the catalogue are mostly 5 years old, with the values that are updated being determined in 2021 or 2022.

You still have confidence in Scott values?
  • edited February 2023 5 LikesVote Down
    Michael, I understand that, I think we all do. I'll never sell anything at Scott value, nor would I ever buy anything at Scott value (well, almost). Confidence in Scott values? Nah, not in the way I believe you suggest. But catalog values, in any collecting genre, are good reference points.

I'll admit, knowing is nice, especially as my current volume 6 is dated 2000. And "current dealer prices" are all over the place. But I'm also trying to establish an inventory for my better half to use after I can no longer enjoy my collection. Having catalog value as a basis to bargain from, even if discounted to the dealers' view, will be an advantage for her. Giving an established Scott value is more useful than some nebulous range of values. The dealers can worry about their current prices after they sign the check.