How to deal with Auction/Seller Welchers??

For the second time in as many months I have bid and won three lots in a stamp auction posted by momenstamps and hosted by HIP. Today I receive a notice that HIP collectibles is refunding my purchase. The facts are.
1, I bid on published items.
2, I won said items.
3, I promptly paid for such items via PayPal invoice 4275900.
4, The seller acknowledged sale and marked the item shipped. I ceased looking for these items.
5, I was notified of a refund WITHOUT any prior communication as to why?
6, This is a breach of ethics at the least.

Comments

• 11 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • nothing but crickets so far from HP and momenstamps
  • That is very peculiar, likely sold in another arena ( eBay), but yes, explanation needed .
  • Tobias, Fool me once...
    I have never dealt with Momen, but I have seen far too much bad press about them to ever be interested. Move on. If you ain't lost any money, then no blood, no foul. Just don't go back, and let this be a caution for others.
  • I now avoid them like the plague--worse than COVID
  • I also avoid Momen they are leaches.
  • I have bought from Momen. It is never easy nor straightforward. But it can be done.
  • That seller is also called out in several posts by expert philatelists . ( people I respect )
  • If and with that being said about Momen being true then doesn't HIP have an obligation to bar them/him from posting via HIP?? EBay used to be exceptional in bouncing your butt off if you were a POS (piece of animal excrement).

Phil whom or how does one successfully reach out to HIP? I ran my firearms and accessory business almost exclusively on the web and from my basement in TN. The sites I used Guns Int'l, Gun Broker and Ebay had policy in place to ban or suspend bad actors. Should we not in the interest of others, our fellow enthusiasts insist that HIP initiate and maintain some removal policy.
  • trustandsafety@hipecommerce.com
    support@hipecommerce.com

Explain the situation to them and let them know what you think. We have seen stores disappear in the past for bad actions, but it is admittedly rare. As with any situation like this, the more folks who bring it to their attention, the more attention it will get.
  • UGH!!!! Have you ever had one of those days when you jumped off the edge on a crusade only to find you were on the wrong hill?? Well turns out that the refund was for a different purchase of an item for the exact amount. That refund was handled slowly but it was handled on a stamp received that was not in the condition that was advertised. Very gracious seller in that regard. So fingers crossed that momen will actually come through. I have sent them a note rectifying my initial grump. Moral of the story is really look before you leap.
  • Been there....done that.