Purchased items still in Items I'm Watching List

edited October 2016 in Questions 0 LikesVote Down
I am wondering if anyone else has had this happen and has an answer. I should probably put in a trouble ticket but I think Mark, et al, might be getting tired of me putting in tickets (!). I made a purchase of 13 items from zipstamps today and all 13 items are on my invoice, so that looks good. But when I logged back in to HipStamp,, only 10 of the purchased items are showing up in watching CLOSED items. If I go to watching OPEN items and put in the store name zipstamps, it says I'm still watching 3 of the items I just purchased. I can't see how this can be anything but a bug. I put some screen shots with this post. Hope someone can look into this. Thanks.Pakistan-Switzerland just purchased-invoice
Germany-Berlin 9N304 purchased-invoice
Items just purchased still on watch list

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • That's not a bug - the Seller had listed those items with multiple quantities. So while you've purchased the items in question, and they show up in your Purchases - the item listings themselves are not Closed because there's still an active quantity available.
  • Mark, thank you for responding but I respectfully disagree. Certainly the seller's multiple copies of his item should remain available, but not on one's personal watch list. Let me explain. 1) It seems to me that once I have purchased an item (e.g. Germany-Berlin 9N34), I'm not going to be looking to add another copy of that item to my album. And as a side note, I remember BidStart continuously showing a list of recommended items - let's say 9 other copies of Berlin 9N34 going across the top of the screen! I always thought that was odd, but just ignored it. 2) Somewhat more concerning to me is, if the items that I have purchased remain on my watch list after purchase, due to the seller having additional copies, I run the risk of ordering that stamp again the next time I place an order. I can certainly live with this and will keep that in mind as I go along, but just wanted to provide my thoughts. Thanks as always!
  • edited October 2016 0 LikesVote Down
    The Items I'm Watching feature has one function - to let you keep track of specific item listings. How you use it beyond that is up to you. If you want to use it to keep track of what items you want to buy in general (beyond the specific item listing), and have the listings removed when you're done you can of course do that. Once you make a purchase - just delete the items from the Items I'm Watching List.

Note that whether you purchase an item or not, or the item is open or closed - it always remains in your Items I'm Watching List until you remove it. You should also however keep in mind that any listings you're watching, which another member purchases - or the Seller ends, will of course be a closed listing, and shown in the closed listings section of the Items I'm Watching list - not just your own purchases.

If you're just looking to keep a Want List of what items you want by Country / Catalog Number you may want to use our Want List feature within our Catalog section. There you can add generic Catalog Items to your Want List by Country and Catalog Number. This is the intended feature of the Want List service.

You may also want to consider other features if that's your intention. For example, you could simply place the items in your cart to keep track of them, and then once you checkout they would be automatically removed from your cart.