ImplementedAutomatically Combine Non-Paid Auctions/Offers with New Store Purchases

edited December 2016 in Feature Requests 1 LikesVote Down
Ok, this is probably just how it works, but I consider it a bug / poor design. If a buyer makes best offer, which are accepted, an invoice is created. That buyer later buys additional things from the store.Should it not automatically recognize the existing unpaid invoice and add the new items to the existing invoice? I should think so. It should be automatic. Instead, I get a second invoice with an additional shipping/handling charge on the buyer. Now as a seller, I would plan to combine shipments, which is the right thing to do, but this site makes it too difficult! I lose out because of the two paypal payments (hence increased fees), and I can't easily get a partial refund on my HipStamp fees, which charge me for fees for the S/H. This is too stinking difficult. So what now? I send the items in two shipments because that's how the buyer paid for them? I could do that, but I look like a flaming idiot. OK, I had to vent.

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • edited November 2016 0 LikesVote Down
    Doug,
    I too have had this happen. Then after looking at both invoices 1. BIN-Pay Now and 2. Auctions and offers invoice I had to do some fancy editing to the #2 invoice to exclude the BIN shipping and the #1 shipping because I also offer Free shipping on order over $25.00 (International).
    It is a slow and dysfunctional way to do business but I could see no other way of getting the correct $$ amount to the buyer. Bug maybe but as we all know when setting up new programming its hard to in vision every scenario. I think Mark and his staff of 1 will eventually get all the challenges sorted in time , but until then I feel we are stuck with what we have.
    Have a great weekend,
    Ross
    https://www.hipstamp.com/store/ross-stamps
  • I've moved this to Feature Request - which is the appropriate category for it (as it is not a bug).

We've had a few discussions on this before, but what Doug is describing he would like to happen is exactly what happens if a Seller is using the "Pay Later" feature. When using this feature, a buyer can checkout for Store Items, and use the Pay Later feature, which will then automatically combine the Store purchases with any unpaid previously won auctions or offers.

However, outside of the Pay Later feature this is not currently an option. This is an item we plan to enhance in the future though - in that you can checkout and pay for new items, as well as pay for previously won auctions and offers.
  • Thanks Mark. It went there out of frustration this morning. I think it is a needed improvement if offers are to be an option.
  • Mark, would it be possible to have a setting whereby the store owner sets a default "Enable Pay Later for all customers," and just leave it up to the dealer's discretion if he wants to risk abondoned shopping carts?

Ted
    https://www.hipstamp.com/store/tatyszka-stamps
  • This feature is now implemented, in that when you purchase Store Items, if you have any unpaid auction items or offers (from within the past 5 days), you can pay for those items as well at checkout - and save on shipping, etc.
  • Thank you Mark this feature will make it easier for both parties.
    Ross
    https://www.hipstamp.com/store/ross-stamps