Not TakenMy Promotional Sale Did Not End ?

edited January 2017 in Bugs 0 LikesVote Down
I put a 40% Off sale (totals over $10.00) on at the beginning of December and it was suppose to end on December 18. I just noticed today that my last few sales were still giving the discount. I can not go back and see the details I entered when I created this sale but I am positive I put in an end date. (1) Shouldn't a seller be able and go into a promotion and look at it after it was entered ? and (2) If the end date was set shouldn't the sale end automatically or do you need to end it manually ? I have not ended it - so it can be looked at by someone who can.. Please advise... Steve

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • PLEASE CLOSE THIS OUT - I went back and found how to look at the promotion and there are no dates set. I am sure I plugged in an end date but I have no way of verifying it. The next time - I will go back and look at it after I set it up. I will cancel the sale promotion now.. Steve
  • Currently, a Sale Start Date or End Date is not required, so it is possible to create a sale without an ending date. In this specific case, you had not entered a Sale End Date - which is why it had not ended on December 18. If you do specify a Sale End Date, it will of course automatically close on that date. You can also cancel a sale at any time by deleting the sale (clicking on the Red X).

However, we are reviewing updating this to not allow Sales without Ending Dates to avoid any confusion.
  • I should have checked on the date after I set it up to make sure it was there. No big deal - I was glad to offer the discount for a few extra weeks anyway..