Topical - Thematic BAD

Back of the book ? where I live that's garbage (Australia)????
Topical listings that can be selected on HipStamp to list an item with is draconian, and WAY out of touch with the rest of the World
I do not live in the US, I do not understand.

Even these would help, AND as sellers we should be able to pick multiple Topical to list under.

Military History

Flight Covers

Pre-Decimal

Decimal

Postage Dues

Decimal Issues

Miniature Sheets/Sheetlets

Gutter Blocks

Booklets

Specimens

Errors & Varieties

Sam

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Naturally we as sellers can list a Country etc. to the above.

Sam
  • I may not exactly understand your post about topicals/thematics, but there are a fair number of default choices for topics. (It looks to me like they were the same ones from BidStart.) The topics seems very specific in some areas, and then highly general in others.

Under BidStart, it was possible as a seller to bypass or build on those categories by putting keyword topics within the listings. That worked because BS had a search that would go through a listing's description.

However, at least as far as I can determine, the search here only searches the title, so it's not possible for a seller to be as specific or to address multiple topics. I hope that the topic choices here are expanded, so that a topical search could be more meaningful to a buyer.

All that said, there is a lot of the possible topics that HipStamp recognizes for the topics field when listing.

If you look at this page:

https://www.hipstamp.com/members/tools/bulk-lister/?filter=structure

then scroll down about 2/3's of the way down the page, you'll find a left-most column with the name "item_specifics_06_topic". If you look at the values in the 4th column, you'll see what the HipStamp system recognizes as topics. You can specify any of these, in addition to country or stamp format or stamp type.

Here's just the beginning of those topic choices:
    animals-birds, animals-dinosaurs-prehistorics, animals-insects-spiders, animals-mammals, animals-marine-life, animals-reptiles-amphibians, animals-other, animation-cartoons, architecture-buildings, art, awards-medals, cultural-heritages-american-indian, cultural-heritages-asian, cultural-heritages-black-heritage, cultural-heritages-egyptian, cultural-heritages-greek-roman, cultural-heritages-other, environment-nature, europa, flags-coats-of-arms, flowers-trees, fruits-vegetables, ...
  • Topical/thematic collecting is the number 1 collecting format worldwide.
    flags, trains, stamps on stamps, cars, motorcycles, flora, fauna etc.
    The average age of a stamp collector today is 56 years old. The target market is a small one.
    Whatever that link above leads to(bulk-lister)? "cultural-heritages-american-indian", yep there is plenty of those stamps here in Australia
    :-(
  • Then I'm afraid I just don't understand what you're saying.