Sort Order - Stores

One feature of HipStamp I do NOT like is the sort order of the stores--preference is being given for those sellers who pay more and have more material regardless of feedback or material offered.
I would like to see optional sort orders such as: Alphabetical, Type of Material, and Feedback score.
I would also like to see an option where "My Favorites" could be listed first. BOB

Comments

• 11 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Hi Bob
    Feedback is not a requirement, it's a courtesy.
    I have a Premium Store, and I pay for the privilege, less than 100 listings.
    Pay the dollars to Mark for your position on HipStamp.
    HipStamp is a business, not a charity, you want position, then pay for it.
    You want featured items, then pay for it.
    You want maximum exposure then pay for it.
    https://www.hipstamp.com/store/austamps
  • Sounds like Bob is coming from a buyers perspective.
  • You are correct, Bob

As for Mr Kelly, paying for a position does not prove anything to me about whether you have decent material or not.
  • Bob, Robert,
    I agree, paid position to HipStamp has nothing to do with quality(decent material) of items for sale, that's what the scans/pics are for.
    But as I said above, if you want to be serious, pay the dollars, weather you have 100 items or 100,00 items
    And one should ask is the image of the item for sale the exact Item I am bidding on/buying ?, if it's a drama for you.
    I have found that .png is a better format for the internet than .jpg
    2015_Victoria Cross_$5

• Sam why have featured with only a few listings, seems pointless? I prefer to use pictures as scanning is bad for a stamps color longer term. Most just lazily scan though.
  • Hi Andrew,
    no it's not pointless, I just like it.
    We may be on the wrong track.
    Honestly if I lists an item, put up a nice .png, I don't care if there is no sale.
    Postage Stamps is my hobby, and I do sell, But understand that to Mark Rosenburg it's all bussiness, that's his problem.
    I will keep listing Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Australian Antarctic Territory, Cocos(Keeling) Island, etc.
    There is no money to be made out of our hobby to retire on, Any collector that thinks their collection is worth full Cat. of Scott or SG, and a Dealer/re-seller will pay that full Cat. is an idiot
  • Fair enough, whatever brings you the most pleasure is best. I agree most think their stamps are more valuable then the market price calls for. A dealer mentioned today to me that he is losing money selling stamps that he bought for 50% of cat 30-40 years ago. Prices go up and down that is the nature of the beast.
  • " to Mark Rosenburg it's all bussiness, that's his problem."

And why, exactly, do you see that as a problem?
  • As we all may complain about the missing features here and there, Mark is doing a great job in providing us with a platform that is better than anywhere else on the market.

That said, it is a business for Mark, and if he runs the business in a deficit, we could lose HipStamp simply because he could not afford to keep the site open. When you compare his fees to other sites, they are very reasonable. Where else could you list a $0.10 stamp and pay only $0.02 fees when you sell the item?

So if this is only about business, then it is potentially all of our problems if we don't succeed.
  • If you read his post its clear that he meant he is a hobbiest and Mark is more business orientated. Nothing wrong with that. Lets keep it friendly and have more stamp discussions.
  • My apologies if miss interpreted , by saying " to Mark Rosenburg it's all business, that's his problem."
    I am in Australia, terminology can be miss interpreted.
    As I have said above "that's his problem", all it means that Mark is in business and he has to make it work for all of us, his PROBLEM is TO make it work for us, that's all I am saying. nothing derogatorily