SolvedStickey Catalog # and Year When Using List Similar

edited January 2017 in Bugs 0 LikesVote Down
I created a listing (11634284) of an event cover with Scott C19. I used "List Similar" to post a Free Frank Postal History envelope which obviously has no stamp (11634291). I KNOW that I removed the catalog number and the year, when I saved the listing and went back in to look at it, the C19 and 1934 were back in the listing. The way I caught this is because my next listing is an unused V-Mail envelope (11634304), which again has no stamp. When I did List Similar, the C19 and 1934 were pre-filled. I was expecting them to be blank. I am leaving the listings as is for now for you to research. I will fix them in a day or two.

Thanks,
Bob

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • There's nothing out of the ordinary about these listings. When you click on List Similar, the new listing will have all of the same information as the last listing - including Catalog Number and Year. If you remove that information - it will be removed. However, there's a few reasons why what you indicated may have happened. For example, if when you went to remove the two fields in question, when you clicked on the first field you had inadvertently pressed the enter key - which would have submitted the form fields with their current data. This could take potentially a few seconds, and you may have then removed the information from the two fields in question - but at that time it would not have mattered.
  • Mark, I just tried it again. I deleted those 2 listings and started again by replicating 11634284. I removed the Catalog # and the year before saving anything. When I saved the listing, the catalog number and year were on my new listing (11634284),

I am very familiar with how the List Similar works because that is how all 6000+ and when I do forget to change something from a previous listing, then I try to fix it. I can go back in by editing and fixing it but it should not have been incorrect in the first place.

Ask one of your debuggers to try that scenario,. List something with a catalog number/year and then use list similar and remove those fields and see what happens.

Thanks,
    Bob
  • Hi Bob,

We had reviewed the listings in question, and checked if we could reproduce the issue you noted, which we were unable to do. In the above post you mentioned that the listing you used to list similar was 11634284, and that your new listing still had this information once you deleted it. However you noted that the new listing was also 11634284 (which would be the original listing not the new listing). Which is the new listing you're referring to?
  • I continue to have year problems when I am listing stamps with the list similar function. The other fields all change properly but the year sometimes does and sometimes does not change properly. I have given up with it - because I am not too concerned with the year of the stamp. My buyers want the catalog # and a picture - they do not care about the year !! Steve
  • Hi Mark,

Sorry I goofed with the item #. I just created new listing using the "List Similar" from the same item id (11634284) and created 11699418. Which has the catalog number and the year even though I removed them prior. Just for the record, I am using Firefox 50.1.0
  • Thanks for the clarification. We'll review this further.
  • This should now work correctly in the scenario you described.
  • Hi Mark - Just tried it. Worked perfectly. Thanks!!!!