Do you have a WANT list, I want to see it.

Just a thought, If you are looking for something in particular, chances are HipStamp members might have it. Who Knows.
Topical/thematic collectors this is your chance, example being Birds, Trains, etc. from a particular place in the world, or just general collecting.
Could a list be made within HipStamp for a WANT list that all could look at ?
Birds, Cocos Keeling Islands(Australia)
2015_DCO00415-SM

Comments

• 46 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Who knows, maybe someone here is into different Flora around our Globe
    2015_AU02815-SM

• The bottom line is.
    CAN WE HAVE A WANT LIST ALL SELLERS CAN LOOK AT - PLESAE
  • I think this is a great idea and have been wanting a "want list" with possible price ranges.
    I.E. Great Britain #1 used $50-100
  • US C3a MNH $ 70.00
  • Funny Paul, you should clearly look for the reprint.
  • edited January 2017 0 LikesVote Down
    Hi Andrew,
    That Chinese dragon stamp looks real.
  • Paul, I have no idea what a US C3a, (presumably Scott) but here is a couple of pics from an old album I have, probably common stamps.
    us stamps 1 001
    us stamps 2 001
  • Sam , Those are great old album pages!
  • Well, Sam, Paul's want list for a C3a would be a great find even with 3 more zeroes.
  • Yes, they sit in a box of a heap of other stamps I have no idea what they are.
    And that's probably where they will stay until I pass from this world, then probably end up in the trash bin.
    As Ned Kelly(Australian Bush Ranger) said just before he was hung, "Such Is Life"
  • Paul, do you want them, pay me the postage, I'll send them ?
    Sam
  • Sam, Thank-you for the offer, but I'll pass.
  • No Problem,
    I'll trash them,
  • edited January 2017 1 LikesVote Down
    Put the sheets up for auction! .01 Start
  • Dislike when people trash stamps but then again makes things harder to get over the long haul. I enjoy soaking large batches. Paul my want list is pretty long.
  • Paul, that's a good idea.
    HipStamp has a 1c auction thing, I have paid for premium membership, but I have never been asked if I would like to list items in it.
    I have stamps in old albums left to me over the years by relatives, no high value items, just ordinary low cost used like the US ones above, some of them I don't even know if the country still exists.
    Should I just list at auction for 1 cent or figure out how to get into the HipStamp 1 cent auction that is promoted by HipStamp.
    Sam
  • So, I can assume that as of right now, there is no way to set up a want list. It would be a handy tool for sellers and buyers. There are quite a few stamps I'm looking for that would make for a nice automated want list.
  • I have no knowledge of the stamps below, and neither will the family members when dumping/trash when the time comes.
    I am 60 yrs so there is not a great deal of time left.
    hipstamp 3 001
    Sam
  • Daniel,
    Quote/ So, I can assume that as of right now, there is no way to set up a want list. It would be a handy tool for sellers and buyers. There are quite a few stamps I'm looking for that would make for a nice automated want list /EndQuote.
    Does not look like it. But There are a lot of people on HipStamp that a catalog number would be of no use.
    If you are looking for a particular item, then a pic of he item is a must, quoting a Scott number to members outside of the US would be of no use whatsoever.
    Sam
  • Thank you Sam
  • Sam,

you give an interesting observation about the use of Scott numbers for those outside the US being of little to no value. How then does a non-US buyer search for a particular stamp? SG?
  • Sam, That page of Japanese stamps will get some bids. I know if you get into the Hipstamp 1c auction there will probably e-mail promotions as well as stiffer competition. Maybe a one week auction ending on a weekend. A superbowl special!
    Paul
  • Wayne, that's a good question.
    There has to be a lot of stamps here on HipStamp that do not have a Scott Cat number included in the sale/auction.
    I purchased the EzStamp software for British Commonwealth, and the Scott online cat. for Australia just so I could list Scott, so I have deleted heaps and started again.
    To answer your question, forget about the Cat. number, for your sale or auction write in the title Year-Country-Stamp description.
    For an exercise, lets say you are a topical/thematic collector of dogs, on the Hip Stamp front page, in the search bar leave it as all categories, write in Australia Dogs, and for another search just put in dogs.
    Try military war, give royalty a try.
    The title of the sale/auction is your best friend.
    Sam
  • Daniel, to make a wants list work, we have to figure out how HipStamp can profit from it, otherwise it won't happen.
    If we started to sell between one and another without a HipStamp listing of some sort they make no money.
    How do we do it, how can HipStamp profit from a wants list, if we can work that out, the wants list will happen.
    Thinking caps on people.
    Sam
  • Paul, I have taken your recommendation as a good idea, I'll see how to make it come together, thank you.
    Sam
  • edited January 2017 0 LikesVote Down
    Sam,

DO a search for Australia 209 and see the various listings there (one is mine). Would you be so kind as to critique the titles in those listings and give your opinion of those most likely to be sought by Australians.
  • Hi Wayne, yes they came up ok, It was the Scott 209 that produced them ?.
    So yes Scott catalog numbers work. Also Newcastle worked ok, but we used the country
    Put 209 in the search box and see what happens.
    Again I say the title is your friend.
    Thanks for being proactive in this discussion. I snapped this one up from search "Australia 209", lovely, Australian stamps were used in Papua for a period of time, this cover has the set and it is registered.
    Worth what I paid for it, but no more, just into the collection it goes.
    https://www.hipstamp.com/listing/australia-scott-207-209-on-registered-cover-june-1-1948/11436737
  • No idea how it will go, found some more China ( I Think ) and listed a 1 cent auction,
    see what happens.
    https://www.hipstamp.com/listing/china-old-album-page/11791848

Sam
  • Hi Wayne, lost the sale on the 209 Papua Cover, seller could not find it. :-(