Not TakenSearch not finding alphanumeric items

edited February 2017 in Bugs 0 LikesVote Down
I'm hitting a glitch in search that I'm not getting results when I search for a alphanumeric item that exists in my listings. For example "a070" in Canada, yet it clearly exists:

https://www.hipstamp.com/listing/a070-canada-used-2378-african-violet/3157006

I'm trying to use this type of coding to list my individual used stamps, but not being able to search on them is incredibly inconvenient to say the least. Am I missing something here?

I have many listings using a 4 digit code starting in either "a" or "u" followed by 3 numbers, and they appear to be invisible to search. I'm trying to revamp and add to my listings, but not being able to search on these codes is killing me.

Rob

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • For clarity, I use these codes for my inventory purposes only, and they are not related to any catalog numbering system.
  • It is weird because if you put in only 070 you get 50 items and yours is not one of them.
  • edited February 2017 2 LikesVote Down
    This is not a bug, as the main search engine is not intended to search a Seller's Private IDs, which should not be included in any item titles (this is actually against our terms and conditions for the main reason that it's confusing to buyers, as private ids in titles may be confused for Catalog Numbers, etc.)

That being said, you should use the Private ID field we offer for your Private IDs, which you can then search for as a Seller from the Members Area > Listings section using the "Private ID" box. They will also be included on any invoices, etc.
  • Yikes! I shall work on removing the offending codes!