Should we continue to list

Comments

• Ron.........What would be the legality of putting Stamps2go on hold while selling the same material on another site?.........Seems that would be a violation of their rules?

• Not sure. My reasoning was that while a store is inactive, there appears to be no way of double selling as items are not available for purchase while on hold (I believe). A store put on hold might also be used to make modifications without concern of intervening purchases or adding a whole new segment of listings and wanting them to appear all at once when store is re-activated. Maybe others could speak to this senario.
  • I just wish Mark would give us some statement even if it is just "I cannot comment" and some reasonable time line.
  • 6th - And might I add... I will continue to list on HipStamp with the assumption that, at any time, I can export these listings to a csv file, should the worst-case scenario come to pass. Mark has assured us that our listing aren't going to disappear and I take him at his word. I have plenty of listings on BidStart and, by default, SG Marketplace, and continue to get orders from BS (at least).
  • 1 item sold in the past month on BS......... :(

And I'll agree....I trust Mark, and believe this will work out in his / our favor........ :)

I would like some word from him, if nothing more than "still working on it"
  • In other news.......SG is trading at or below 10 pence a share this morning :/

Oh how the mighty have fallen ;)

http://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/prices-and-markets/stocks/summary/company-summary/GB0009628438JEGBXAIM.html
  • edited July 2016 0 LikesVote Down
    " the Company is undertaking a full review of its E-Commerce strategy which will refocus resources upon selling its own proprietary assets of high class collectibles and world renowned publications. The Board continues to believe there is an opportunity to grow online revenues and, at the same time materially reducing the monthly cash outflow;‎"

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm......stock is tanking, Daily low below 8, last sale at 9.375
  • Yeah.....I've been watching it dive myself.....Read their update this morning......Sounds like a bunch of Bullsquat, smoke & mirrors to me......All the changes in management & such.......rats leaving a sinking ship? :/

What was the talk about "offshore"????????

No mention of anything is the BS forums........And the last news update on BS was a year ago yesterday....... Nice of them to keep their "sellers"? informed :(

I hope this bodes well for Mark, Hipstamp & the rest of us :)
  • It's been 2 months now. I'm giving up. If and when Hipstamp restarts and I hear about it, I will come back. But for me, for now, this has been a really huge disappointment and I just want to move on. I have re-opened my store on Bidstart and have noticed that the interminable delays that were such a plague aren't happening anymore. I was always a small mom-and-pop store and haven't sold much there, but the bulk lister works well and at least I have a working presence somewhere. Bidstart has been going belly-up for over 2 months, so people say, but it is still there. If they go belly-up I may take all of my stuff and put it as one collective item and see what I can get for it all, and move on with my life.
  • I fear the case has already been settled and Mark lost with a judgment that nothing can be done with Hipstamp so no words allowed to explain.. I certainly hope that is not the case, but we pessimists always fear the worst. And SG may want to punish sellers who are here as well.
  • I sure hope you are jumping to a conclusion. I believe that due to SG's internal mess, their lack of stock value and most likely a lack of funds that their legal team is just taking their own time and with other internal problems this is just low on their priority list.
  • As noted on our homepage, I'm currently working to resolve the issue at hand (which is ongoing). Unfortunately I can not provide a further update at this time, but hope to be able to do so soon. If I do have an update to share, it would be made within the banner currently displayed on all pages.
  • Thank you Mark. We needed your reassuring words.
  • Mark: Godspeed !
  • thanks mark, will be waiting to hear from you soon
  • Thank you, Mark.
  • Thanks Mark......

I have faith you & Hipstamps will prevail.
  • Great relief. I DO spend a lot of time worrying about things that never happen.
  • Like, why hasn't my check from Publisher's Clearing House arrived yet.
  • Thanks Mark! :-)
  • Give Ya'll a bit of a laugh....& yeah....I can be kind of a jerk at times :/

One of the few sales I've had on bidstart was an item I had mislisted......The buyer informs me of this, & asks if he can return it.....YES....WITHOUT A DOUBT.....

It has since been returned & refunded

Then I write BS for a refund of the .71 cent final value fee....I get the following in reply.....Notice it's dated the 13th.....

Holly Wheeler (bidStart)

Jul 13, 14:30 BST

Hello Patrick,

Once the order has been cancelled on your page, you will need to wait 21 days before you refund can be processed by our Customer Service Team.

We hope this helps and please let us know when the 21 days have passed and we will refund you.

Many thanks,

Holly Wheeler
    bidStart Customer Support

OK....It's now the 17th....4 days after I've been told I'll need to wait 21 days I get this this morning...@ 8:01 AM a Sunday no less....(They're workin the weekends over there?)

"Hi Patrick,

We haven't heard from you in a while, so this is an email to remind you that your bidStart customer support request ref: (#13410) remains pending and awaits your feedback."

OK....4 days ago they said I had to wait 21 days......And now they're sayin they haven't heard from me in a while......

I DID reply.......They may kick me out ....like that would be a great loss?.....

My rely as follows....If Ya'll want updates? just say so....Here it is ;)

Patrick Burnard
    Sun 7/17/2016 11:08 AM
    bidStart.com / Stanley Gibbons (support+id13410@stanleygibbons.zendesk.com);Pat Burnard (pjburnard@msn.com)

What would you like?....You can contact the buyer, as He has replied to me by e-mail ( with a "Thank you") for the refund....I also sent him a separate paypal payment of $1.00 USD to cover his mailing costs/
    I could forward you his e-mails.......I think it better were you to contact him yourself.

I could also send you the paypal transaction where it shows I refunded him the purchase price. & the $1.00 USD for his return mailing costs.?

I know how much this 71 cent final value fee means to stanley gibbons as I could buy 3 shares of stanley gibbon stock with that 71 cents.....Why don't we do it like that?....... Just send me the refund in an equal value of stanley gibbons stock.

By Tuesday July 19th I predict SG stock will be below 8 pence per share.

So tell me how you would like to handle this?
    Patrick Burnard

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Who knows? they may take me up on the stock, as it might be cheaper in the long run?

I am so done with BS / SG I don't really care anymore.

& I do have confidence Mark will prevail :)
  • Good one Patrick Burnard! Kudos on your witty response, Maybe I'll ask for my SG balance of 6 dollars and change in SG stock as well. Maybe I could sell them on feeBay as collectors' items, :smiley:
  • edited July 2016 1 LikesVote Down
    It's still better than the customer service I'm getting from Skrill at the moment. AVOID THEM LIKE THE PLAGUE! They stole $70 bucks from me and won't give it back.
  • edited July 2016 0 LikesVote Down
    Patrick, Customer service might be confused. As requesting a fee back is not done by writing them.

"After 21 days, if they have still not paid, this is classed as non-payment. This means that you are under no obligation to send the item and you are able to re-list it. What's more, you are also eligible to put in a request for a Fee Claimback, to get a refund for the selling fees you were charged for the item.

To file a claimback locate the item in the 'Items I've Sold' section, and expand the row by clicking on the checkbox or item title to reveal more options, which will include a 'Request Claimback' link. Please note that this option will only appear after 21 days have passed since the purchase date, and only if the item's paid status is marked as 'Unpaid' or 'Cancelled"

Also, no fees are returned if it was an error on your part. Refunds are only given for non-payment or cancelled orders.