Combined postage again

I read a February post re combined postage and noted that combined postage would automatically adjust at the checkout, also if the auction items are less than 5 days apart (same seller) the items will still combine? I have recently had auctions that did not combine postage with the same seller. What I need to know, is that up to 5 days from the original auction or 5 days after each consecutive auction? I recently got bitten by separate postage for $1.80 worth of stamps after 3 consecutive auctions from the same seller within or borderline to the 5 days. that certainly took the cream off them. My recent episode, I purchased $180.00 USD (10 pre decimal King George V and early Kangaroo Australian stamps) these were all single purchases same seller from their store, at the checkout each individual stamp accumulated the postage cost by $3 US (almost $5AU). I didn't go ahead with the purchase and queried the seller. The seller stated that they did not know that this was happening and assured me of a refund with combined postage in mind. I find this an inconvenience and hopefully can be rectified. Once again as a newbie I could be missing something and need enlightening. Overall I am really getting into the Hipstamp learning curve and the more I do the more I like it.

Cheers and thanks, Pete .

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • If you win auction items from the same seller, they will automatically be combined if they are won within 5 days of each other. This is exactly 5 days (ie: 120 hours).

However, that's only when they will automatically be combined. At any time, if you win auction items which are not automatically combined, you can inquire if the Seller will combine them for you before you pay. Sellers have a "Combine Invoices" button which they can click at any time after an auction is won, before you pay it, to combine the invoices.
  • Hi Mark,

Perhaps you can provide a screen shot of the combine invoice option because I know a lot of sellers do not know how to use this function from past experiences. Thank you.
  • Hi Andrew,

From either the Members Area > Buying > Purchases, or Members Area > Selling > Sold Orders section, you can review any and all orders. There's a series of buttons next to each order for actions you can take, such as "Mark as Shipped", "Contact Buyer", etc. When there's one or more unpaid invoices from a buyer, a Seller would additionally see a "Combine Invoices" button in this section.
  • Thanks for the replies, I think they have both made sense of my chatter, 1. I now have a full understanding of the auto combine, correct me if I am wrong, this must be defaulted by the seller.
    2. The sales from the store :- The seller did indicate to me that they were not real savvy and did not know the items were not combining, I was offered a refund on postage If I went ahead with the purchase.

Thanks, Pete
  • 1) All unpaid invoices from the same Seller, are always automatically combined if they're less than 5 days apart. The Seller does not set this - it's always automatically done. However, the Seller has the option to combine unpaid invoices which are more than 5 days apart - this is not done automatically, but you can ask the Seller to do so.

2) This only applies to unpaid invoices, such as auctions, offers, etc. If you are purchasing and paying for fixed price store items, these too can be combined with unpaid invoices (and is done so automatically), but only for unpaid invoices within the past 5 days. A new purchase / paying for store items can not be combined with unpaid invoices older than 5 days.
  • Thankyou Mark