Tracking

Hi, and thanks in advance for any advice.

I have an order that has not arrived and I am banging my head against the wall trying to work out the tracking.
ie.
Postage Method: USPS First Class Mail International Track this package
Delivery Address: Peter Smith
********************, ************, Victoria, 3875, Australia
Subtotal $188.50
Shipping $31.00
Total $219.50
I cannot work out how to list up the tracking number, at this stage I do not wish to contact a seller that I know is reputable I wish to establish the tracking first. ie did the purchase leave the US, did it Arrive in AU.

Cheers and thanks Pete

Comments

• 13 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • When was the order shipped? You need to give 4 to 6 weeks for international mail from the USA. Was the tracking number provided by the shipper? If it is entered, all you have to do is click on it to see the status. If the seller didn't enter it, then you'll need to contact the seller to get it.
  • If the seller provided you with the United States Postal Service tracking number (it will have one if sent by USPS First Class Mail International Package), enter the tracking number into the appropriate space on the USPS homepage on their website. The address for this website is as follows, you can't miss the place to enter the tracking number (on the left side of the page):

https://www.usps.com/

If you didn't receive the tracking number from the person who sent the package, you will need to obtain that from the person sending the package. It will be contained on the receipt received from the Post Office.

I have shipped a couple of times to Australia since the new USPS shipping rules came into being in January. Both times were by USPS First Class Mail International Package. In both instances, the tracking followed the package from my location in Oklahoma up to Chicago where it was placed on a plane and then the tracking stopped. Apparently the tracking wasn't carried through in Australia. In both instances my package arrived safely since I got positive feedback from the buyers in Australia. In other instances where packages were sent by the same method to people in countries other than Australia, the tracking was continued in the destination country. In Canada the exact minute the package was delivered was recorded. And in all cases, to Canada or to Europe, delivery was about one week or less.
  • Thanks guys,
    Firstly Michael, the items were marked posted mid april, I clicked on the link "track this item" and a search engine page came up with USPS tracking site, yes it looks like I will have to contact the seller to get the tracking number.
    I now realise the tracking link requires me to have tracking number where I was thinking the hipstamp link would take me straight into the tracking.
    And second, Richard, I have noticed the same when in the past I have listed up the USA feebay and tried to track an item purchase, the tracking stopped at the airport. Looks like our monolithic bureaucratic bumbling overcharging postal companies only look after their own borders. I say this because you also cannot track from Australia Post internationally, although I dont know if you ( US) can track AusPost items past our borders, I presume not.

Cheers Pete
  • edited August 2018 0 LikesVote Down
    [quote]I now realise the tracking link requires me to have tracking number where I was thinking the hipstamp link would take me straight into the tracking.[/quote]

That link will take you straight to the tracking page only if the seller went to the trouble of entering the tracking number on the USPS site, then copying the URL, and pasting that into the Tracking Link space withingn the Update Shipping button on his HipStamp Orders page.

By all means, contact him and ask for the tracking number.

Ted
  • For international packages, the tracking number is often the number on the customs form, in case the seller says he didn't get a tracking number. If the seller didn't use a customs form, well, then the package could have been seized by US or Australian customs.
  • Thank you again and thanks Ted for your input, This is the first time I have had to look at tracking from HipStamp to USPS tracking from Aus, that is why I am a little vague. When I clicked on the HipStamp tracking link this is where I landed :- RR1423 - Your package tracking results. Global ... - lookshipment.com
    https://lookshipment.com/numbers/usps/RR/1423

Track a shipment route RR142399405US. Global tracing of your usps parcels. Track sending tracking number RR142399414US. Global tracking and tracing of ...
    You've visited this page 5 times. Last visit: 1/08/18

Ok, then this comes up :-
    Package Tracking Enter your tracking number RR1423 Track
    By clicking the button above, you agree to the Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
    Uninstall instructions can be found here.

So I presumed the RR1423 was an example so I removed it and added RR142399405US.

ok again, lol, sarcarstic laugh. then this message came up :-

Courier: USPS (with the USPS logo which wouldn't allow me to copy and paste)
    Status: notfound Item is not found at this moment. Please make sure you've provided a correct tracking number.

Thanks Ted, you have made me see things a little different.

why I cannot track from seller at least to the US airport bamboozles me.

I know the seller is reputable, that is why I am trying to find out should I be Querying USPS or Australia Post.

cheers Pete
  • https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?qtc_tLabels1=RR142399414US

Here is the link for tracking on the USPS web site. It says this package was delivered in China on May 7, 2018.
  • This is the tracking history of that parcel:

Tracking History

May 7, 2018, 7:43 pm
    Delivered
    CHINA
    Your item was delivered in CHINA at 7:43 pm on May 7, 2018.

May 6, 2018, 5:44 pm
    Attempted Delivery Abroad
    CHINA

May 1, 2018, 8:39 am
    Processed Through Facility
    CHINA

April 29, 2018, 3:34 pm
    Departed
    BEIJING, CHINA

April 28, 2018, 10:30 am
    Departed
    LOS ANGELES, UNITED STATES

April 28, 2018, 3:56 am
    Arrived
    LOS ANGELES, UNITED STATES

April 27, 2018, 2:14 pm
    Departed
    BEIJING, CHINA

April 26, 2018, 6:18 am
    Departed
    NEW YORK, UNITED STATES

April 25, 2018, 4:50 pm
    Arrived
    NEW YORK, UNITED STATES

April 25, 2018, 8:24 am
    Processed Through Regional Facility
    JAMAICA NY INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER

April 25, 2018, 8:21 am
    Arrived at Regional Facility
    JAMAICA NY INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER

April 23, 2018, 9:33 pm
    Arrived at USPS Facility
    KEARNY, NJ 07099

April 23, 2018, 7:03 pm
    Departed Post Office
    VERONA, NJ 07044

April 23, 2018, 2:35 pm
    USPS in possession of item
    VERONA, NJ 07044
  • Holy Moly! That package went back and forth to China twice!
  • Thank you again and thanks Ted for your input, This is the first time I have had to look at tracking from HipStamp to USPS tracking from Aus, that is why I am a little vague. When I clicked on the HipStamp tracking link this is where I landed :- RR1423 - Your package tracking results. Global ... - lookshipment.com
    https://lookshipment.com/numbers/usps/RR/1423

Track a shipment route RR142399405US. Global tracing of your usps parcels. Track sending tracking number RR142399414US. Global tracking and tracing of ...
    You've visited this page 5 times. Last visit: 1/08/18

Ok, then this comes up :-
    Package TrackingEnter your tracking number

RR1423
    Track
    By clicking the button above, you agree to the Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
    Uninstall instructions can be found here.

So I presumed the RR1423 was an example so I removed it and added RR142399405US.

ok again, lol, sarcarstic laugh. then this message came up :-
  • Oops some how I have double posted, Must have been the shock of seeing my package has done a couple of runs to China??? Stone the crows!! something crazy going down here. I am off to contact the seller.

Funnily though when I run the same number I still get the item not found message.
    cheers and thanks.

ps, my wife hasn't stopped laughing when she read Ted's China tracking, I'm not laughing to much though.
  • I have worked out the tracking, If I go through the HipStamp link the tracking fails but if I open new browser and run the URL "USPS.com" I get a totally different webpage and the number tracks ok.
    My Missus is still having fits of laughter, I am in the study sulking, I wonder if someone in china relists my stamps :(
  • Frankly, I'm surprised to see so many scans outside the US. For all my international sales, my packages seem to rarely if ever be scanned once they leave the US. Occasionally, Sydney Australia will scan, but that's about it!

Best of luck hunting down your stamps! Sounds like quite the challenge.