Re Tracking in Questions

I am providing this info in case it helps someone.

I have now fully established that Tracking between US and Australia is basically a non event after our respective international borders.
You can track to the coastlines and thats it. After many hours spent on the tracking issue related to in Hipstamp forum questions I have discovered the following, once you get past the iron curtains of robotic recorded button pushing messages

Australia Post Customer service can establish if USPS tracking number has arrived to the Australian border, but do not provide a national tracking service on international posts. Having established this the hard way by trying for many hours to extract necessary info from USPS and AP I also found out from AP customer service (they are a very rare commodity) that USPS registered mail deliveries and receival signatures are recorded. I hope this info helps sellers in case the buyer claims "my parcel did not arrive".

This is australia posts international phone number +61 3 8847 9045 I wish you luck with robotic button pushing requests, I in the end followed the required requets to tracking and did no futher inputs, after the recording repeated 3 times I was forwarded to a customer service rep who was FINALLY extremely helpful and provided the information as explained above.

If you read this Mark, the Hipstamp tracking provided me with a link to USPS with a tracking number that was not provided by the seller, this number took me to china twice with no delivery??? I eventually obtained the real tracking number which took me through the path as explained at the start of this post.

Cheers and thanks to the people that put me on the right path in the questions forum.

Pete Au

Comments

• 12 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Just a quick note, HipStamp does not provide any tracking numbers to buyer directly - only our Sellers can do this.

I took a quick look at the order in question, and the tracking number the seller provided, is the correct tracking number. I checked your message to the Seller, and you wrote that the tracking number was RR142399405US, and in the same message provided a link to a different tracking number, ie: RR142399414US
    https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?tRef=fullpage&tLc=2&text28777=&tLabels=RR142399414US

Where did you see RR142399414US, or get the link you're referring to? This isn't in the link in HipStamp, which contains the correct tracking number the seller provided, which is: https://www.google.com/search?q=rr142399405us
  • Hi Mark,
    I clicked on the buying link "tracking" which took me to a page that had a seach 2 search fields one was RR1423 which I assumed was an example and the other was RR142399405US which I presumed was the real Mcoy, this provided the tracking info to China.

After contacting the seller they said that this was not the tracking number and the seller provided me with the correct one which is neither of the above. I didn't pick the anomaly as you did with the 2 different numbers on my original post, but I can tell you that I had 2 hipstamp browser Tabs open as well as 2 USPS Tabs. I copied the search numbers from the USPS tabs direct to the post in Hipstamp. I am starting to feel that those numbers were just random examples and I took them for the real McCoy. I am not understanding this.

Nevertheless What I did establish with Australia post is correct, We cannot track past our respective borders, but AP keeps records of USPS arrivals and delivery signatories.

As far as the tracking numbers go I am now totally confused, I will ask the seller for the tracking numbers in the future.

I got the link to the USPS numbers by clicking the search field. that search field came up after clicking the Hipstamp "Tracking" link.

I hope this makes sense to you, Cheers and thanks Pete
  • If you have ever used the US tracking link before when you pull up the page it will show the last tracking number that you entered, even if a year or two ago (look at the date). At least that what happens with my computer / browser setup.... it gets confusing ...
  • edited August 2018 0 LikesVote Down
    In this specific case, the Seller provided HipStamp with the following tracking number: RR142399405US

If you were to click on the "Track this Package" link for this order, you are brought to the following page: https://www.google.com/search?q=rr142399405us which should show the tracking number provided by the Seller which is: RR142399405US

Note the seller also confirmed via the message system that RR142399405US is the correct tracking number (they did not indicate there was a different tracking number than this one).

However, to correctly identify the right shipping carrier, we use Google's Track Package feature. So for example, if I click on the above link, this is what I see:

IMG_20180811_072842

Peter - do you see the same thing? It may be that this feature is not available in certain countries (such as Australia), in which case we will review this further, to ensure there is no confusion.
  • edited August 2018 1 LikesVote Down
    So, as a seller trying to capture the tracking number, you can just enter the tracking number in the HipStamp field for the order? It asked for a URL, so I always loaded the tracking numbers on the www.USPS.com website, and then when the tracking data popped up, I copied the URL in my browser, and that's what I paste into the Tracking number field for the sale.
  • edited August 2018 1 LikesVote Down
    Apologies for the confusion. Yes Doug, you're correct. As a Seller, when you enter the tracking number, we ask for the URL. This is because it will ensure the buyer is always brought directly to the relevant tracking information (at the appropriate shipping carrier).

However, if the Seller does not enter in a full URL, and only a tracking number, we then send the buyer to Google's Track Package feature, which attempts to identify the appropriate carrier. It is of course recommended that you provide the full URL, as this will ensure the most accurate information.
  • Ahah. Got it. Slick.
  • Hi Mark, this is what came up when I clicked the same tracking link with the same transaction that I had a now rectified problem with, Again it gives me one number then tells me to track another. Pasted of the search below.

2 results (0.28 seconds)
    Search Results
    Web results

RR1423 - Your package tracking results. Global ... - lookshipment.com
    https://lookshipment.com/numbers/usps/RR/1423
    Track a shipment route RR142399405US. Global tracing of your usps parcels. Track sending tracking number RR142399414US. Global tracking and tracing of ...
    You've visited this page 3 times. Last visit: 1/08/18

Track your package. Search for package tracking number. Global ...
    gotrackpackage.com/numbers/list/RR/1423
    View the package route. Track your package RR142399391US. View the package route. Track your package RR142399405US. View the package route.
    You visited this page on 31/07/18.

I now know the 405 ending is the correct number, but it is certainly confusing being provided with 2 different numbers.

Cheers Pete
  • I think I can see now what happened, originally I tracked one of the numbers and received this item is un trackable, then I entered the other number after reading Ted's post and that was the false one that took me to Beijing. but again they were the numbers that came on the google search from the tracking link ??

Cheers again Pete

• Carol, you're right about the sticky tracking data. I ran across that a few days ago. There is a button to click to clear the field, and the old number will not show up later, just the latest one entered. It works good for people tracking just one item so they don't have to enter in the number everytime they go to check. However, it doesn't work well for those wanting to check on many items.
  • I had a similar situation with an order I sent to Peru. The buyer specifically requested tracking, but the tracking did not extend into the destination country. My understanding was that it was possible to purchase premium tracking for that purpose, but it costs a bundle.
  • edited August 2018 0 LikesVote Down
    Australian Post................................................................................................Australia Post

Standard..........................................................................................................Express
    Standard price from.........................................................................................Standard price from
    $17.76............................................................................................................. $28.17

Delivery estimate is 6+ business days.............................................................Delivery estimate is 2-4 business days
    Tracking included2...........................................................................................between major metro areas
    .........................................................................................................................Tracking2 and Signature on Delivery3
    .........................................................................................................................included

We might be in different countries but we have exactly the same postal probs. This is the reason I won't sell off my excess collection. :(
    the wieghts are classified 0 to 500 grams, the same rules apply :- must be a flexible letter otherwise considered a parcel. The rates are in Aud subtract 30% for USd